Coleman/SBDC Lender Underwriting Training: What you Need to Know to Underwrite Restaurant Loans
When: Monday, December 16, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Central
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Mountain
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
According to the National Restaurant Association, restaurant and foodservice sales are expected to reach a record high of $660.5 billion this year. The sales projection represents a 3.8 percent increase from 2012 in current dollars. The limited-service eating-place segment alone is expected to post $225.4 billion in sales this year, up 4.6 percent over $215.4 billion in 2012.
Join Coleman webinar instructor Charles Green for a presentation of up-to-the minute information you need to know about originating and underwriting loans to restaurants, particularly those guaranteed by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Our Webinar Will Cover:
- Saturation in the Market — are there are currently too many restaurants in relation to the employed population in a given sub-market? If so, when will equilibrium be restored? What will bring about the equilibrium?
- How Are Restaurants Currently Accessing Capital? More and more restaurant owners are turning to alternative lenders pledging future credit card sales. Is this good or bad? How does this affect bank underwriting decisions?
- What Works in Each of the Vertical Restaurant Markets? Quick Serve, Casual Dining and Full Service…how are these distinct markets currently defined and how do they differ in terms of financing needs and risk?
- Franchise vs. Mom and Pop Financing
You will learn:
• Lending opportunities presented by restaurant financing;
• The significance of restaurants in the U.S. economy;
• The differences between a ‘full service’ and a ‘limited-service’ restaurant;
• How to assess restaurant value and whether the acquisition price is right;
• Policy issues that will affect the future risk and rewards of these loans;
• Environmental issues – what lenders need to know about getting ‘greased;’
• Restaurant sites – learn what to look for in a restaurant site and what to avoid;
• Best practices for underwriting restaurant loans;
• Ideas on developing guidance on restaurants in your credit policy;
• Key points to analyzing restaurant operating cash flow;
• What you must do for franchise restaurant loans;
Who should attend:
Commercial Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Underwriters
Small Business Lending Department Managers
Credit Risk Managers
Chief Credit Officers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Charles H. Green
Small Business Financing Expert
Author of the Bestseller “The SBA Loan Book”
Charles Green began working in his parent’s small business at age 8 and attended many dinner hour “board meetings.” Today he is a recognized small business authority with over 30 years of advising, financing and investing in entrepreneurs. His experience as a commercial banker, venture capitalist and advisor yielded clients in more than 30 countries. He founded and served as President/CEO of Sunrise Bank of Atlanta. Charles has authored several books and articles about business financing including bestselling The SBA Loan Book and the just released Get Financing Now (McGraw-Hill) available January, 2012.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Bob has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Every month, the author of the bestselling The SBA Loan Book and Get Financing Now. Charles Green presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with the finest experts in the country.
And Bob Coleman hosts a quarterly C-level, small business lending management webinar.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question.
All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
New! All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2013 All Rights Reserved