November 27, 2013
“In 2013, business relationships are built on Facebook as often as a handshake,” said Debra Alexandre, president of Nevada State Development Corporation. “Websites, newsletters, and other digital social tools have taken over in modern commerce and you have to stay on top of them to keep the phones ringing. Yolie has been working with us on these things for years—she was so successful in revamping our website this past summer that we created this new position for her to help us continue to evolve our capabilities.”
“Our new website and popular newsletter let us reach out to our business and banking partners and spread the word that small business loans have changed. Where our old site was a thumbnail of information, our new website is much more dynamic and lets us better connect with clients,” said Kelley. “The small-business loan process is easier than most people think. We can give you an educated response to whether you qualify for a small business loan with 72 hours.”
Dorrance has more than 23 years of experience in banking and lending. Prior to joining TD Bank, he served as a Commercial Lender at Pioneer Bank in Troy, N.Y. Dorrance was a Business Review 40 Under Forty honoree in 2009 and a participant in Leadership Tech Valley, Class of 2008. A Green Island, N.Y., resident, Dorrance serves on the Board of Chancellors for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of NENY and is an Advisory Board Member for Stakeholders Inc. and an Associate Board Member for St. Peters Hospital Foundation. He serves as Town Justice of Green Island and also chairs the town’s Tax Assessment Board of Review.
Do you know a small buisness owner with a great story to tell? Consider nominating her or him as the small business person of the year. Winners are declared first at the district level.
National Small Business Week award categories include:
• Small Business Person of the Year Awards
• Small Business Exporter of the Year
• Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
• Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery
• Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
• Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
• Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
• 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
• Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
• Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
• Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
Enjoy time off with your friends and family and have a great Thanksgiving!
Small Business Lending Conference Update
Where Main Street Meets Wall Street, 6th Annual SBA Secondary Market Forum, December 3, Washington D.C.
14th Annual Rural Lender’s Retreat, December 4, Washington D.C.
Southeastern Small Business Lenders Conference, Reynolds Plantation, GA, Feb 9-11