Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
Taught by Bob Coleman, Editor of the 2016 Coleman SBA BDO Compensation Report. This is the 22nd year Bob has published the survey results.
Most everyone believes the SBA business development officer is overpaid, except of course the BDO! With numerous stakeholders overseeing compensation, it is essential you have the facts, the data at your fingertips to support the SBA lender’s comp plan.
The 2016 Coleman SBA BDO Compensation Report gives you the data to support your plan to all stakeholders — HR, C-Suite, the Board, the Regulators, SBA and, the BDO.
We’ll explain the counterintuitive fact that the BDOs cashing the biggest check actually cost the lender less than those producing in the middle of the pack.
And most importantly, the report gives you and the BDO peace of mind that your plan is Fair!
You must know the performance benchmarks to correctly compensation your BDOs
- Underpay, they may become disgruntled and leave
- Overpay, and you run the risk of overpaying your whole team and ruining the expected returns SBA program profit margins must deliver to the institution.
We’ll cover what should be in the comp plan and how to devise a plan that molds the BDO’s behavior toward loan products that minimize risk and maximize investment return for the lender.
Then, we’ll turn to the macro issues of what to expect in SBA loan margins through the end of the year with the introduction of SBA’s 504 refinance program and the annual discussion of whether the agency will deplete its budget authority this summer.
AS A BONUS, ALL WEBINAR ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE THE 18-PAGE REPORT AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!
Have the In-Depth Data Benchmarks to Ensure You Have a Fair SBA BDO Comp Plan
- Common commission packages for SBA 7(a) BDOs
- How to pay for SBA 504 Loans — including the new Refi program
- What should you include in your commission matrix
- How national lenders pay their sale force
- What regional and community bank lenders are doing in structuring compensation
- Why you should consider tiered commission payments — paying more for more production
- Examining the true cost of production, and why “Above Average” producers are the best value for the lender
- What lenders should expect to pay for $1 million of loan production
- What lenders should expect to pay the BDO for a loan over $2 million.
- The impact of the SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 secondary markets on BDO compensation
- Milestone bonus programs
- Common clawbacks provisions
- What’s happening with broker fees
What are Coleman Webinars?
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry. Our events help make your staff experts in the issues covered, which translates to higher performance, higher yield and greater safety in your lending practices.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why attend Coleman Training Webinars?
A Coleman Webinar is a very cost effective training solution. No airfare, no hotels. Just invite as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program: You may watch and listen on screen, or watch on screen and listen in on your phone, or simply listen on your phone. The phone number will be provided with your webinar handouts.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
Can our staff ask questions during the webinar?
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question: One is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions. Your questions will be answered by our expert faculty. All our webinars are recorded.
Can I get a copy of the webinar?
Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How does the webinar work?
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
How do we access GoToWebinar?
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a fireall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
Will we be able to see our Coleman Webinar speakers during the webinar?
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Will I receive handouts for the webinar?
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. Copies may be distributed to all of your attendees.
What if I miss some or all of my webinar?
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues, such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes, that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link, so you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
What is the Complimentary Coleman Report Live?
As a bonus, you may log and/or dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman. It runs before every webinar from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
We offer this show for two reasons: First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
What are your pricing and guarantee policies?
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA
5) Click here for paying using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2016 All Rights Reserved