When: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
What you need to Know about Hotel Financing in 2015
Coleman’s 7th Annual Hospitality Financing Webinar
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Central
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Mountain
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
As the economy rebounds, hotel and motel lending, underwritten correctly, continues to to be a profitable product line for small business lenders.
Recovering regional economies, historically low default rates, room inventory pressure and rising consumer demand are positive factors for the hotel owners and lenders in 2015.
However, some traps remain for hotel operators. Deferred maintenance concerns, franchisor financial pressures, rising consumer technological expectations, Obamacare, increased government disability regulations, anticipated minimum wage increases and the emergence of sharing economy competitors such as Airbnb and VRBO are a few of the issues they must navigate to be successful in 2015 and beyond.
Lenders must underwrite to these factors.
Coleman webinar moderator Bob Coleman will bring you up-to-date on all of the changes in the hospitality industry that small business credit underwriters must know for prudent loan decisions.
Joining Bob agains this year will be industry expert Anthony Falor.
He will source the latest Smith Travel Research report, the hotel big data people, so you will come away with a very clear understanding of how the hospitality industry is performing today, and what to expect in the future.
In this webinar you will learn:
- A quick review of Hospitality Lending 101
- Breaking down the industry categories to best assess opportunities
- Are these small business loans, or commercial real estate loans? Why is this important?
- Importance of management and what lenders should demand
- How to value hotel and motel properties
- The 5 hospitality metrics you must look for in each property
- Who Smith Travel Research is, and why lenders should care?
- Who’s supplying capital to this sector now?
- How are acquisition projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- How are construction projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- What are the important factors in refinancing
- When conventional financing is the answer
- When SBA 7(a) is the answer or when SBA 504 Green, is the answer
- Mom and Pop vs. the Brand
- What information you need to know from franchisors
- What information you need to know from the franchisee
- Understanding future furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) cash demands
- The government regulations that affect cash flow
- Obamacare — hype or cash flow barrier?
- The $15 minimum wage issue
- Changing customer technology expectations and the impact on cash flow
- Where do customers come from and the cost of acquiring them
- 2014 industry data results
- What you need to know about room supply and demand
- How you should use social media in underwriting
Who should attend:
Commercial Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Underwriters
Small Business Lending Department Managers
Credit Risk Managers
Chief Credit Officers
This webinar is rated “EXPERT” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Join Coleman’s Guest Speaker:
National Hospitality Group Auction.com
The group is led by Managing Director Anthony Falor, a 25-year hospitality veteran who specializes in acquisitions, development, franchising and hotel real estate transactions. He spearheads the group from Auction.com’s Atlanta office. Under Falor’s direction, the new team includes hospitality specialists who were carefully selected for their expertise, knowledge and ability to serve the unique needs of the lodging industry’s buyers and sellers.
Anthony Falor joined Rockwood Real Estate Advisors in 2012 as Managing Director Hospitality. In this capacity he is responsible for national investments, disposition sales, debt and structured equity placement and advisory services.
Mr. Falor has over 25 years experience in the Hotel Industry in both public and private companies. With extensive experience in acquisitions, development, franchising and marketing, he has tremendous contacts with buyers at all levels and has been involved in the sale of hundreds of hotels.
Clients include companies Westmont Hospitality, Hersha Hotels, Summit Hotels, ING Clarion Partners, GE,Supertel Hospitality, Strand Hotels and Financial institutions including Wells Fargo, GE Finance, BB&T, Wachovia, Regions Bank, CW Capital, LNR, and Midland Loan Services.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.”
Bob is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending. He has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
He is a prolific keynote speaker at numerous small business lending events across the United States every year – including recent international speaking engagements in the U.K. and Germany.
Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $399.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question.
All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $299 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here via PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved