A 75-minute webinar that lets staff earn e-certification.
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
Where are we in the cyclical nature of hospitality industry performance?
How, or should, lenders tweak their credit boxes now that a number of newly-constructed rooms have entered the market the last 12 months?
Join Coleman’s 8th annual motel and hotel financing webinar to learn these answers to ensure you and your staff have and need-to-know trends to appropriately assess lending risks and opportunities.
The five major hotel industry metrics will be analyzed from the lender’s perspective:
- Occupancy Rates
- RevPar Income
- Average Daily Rates
- Supply — Including Construction Pipeline
- Consumer Demand
- Recovering regional economies, historically low default rates, room inventory pressure and rising consumer demand are positive factors for the hotel owners and lenders in 2016.
However, some traps remain for hotel operators. Deferred maintenance concerns, franchisor financial pressures, rising consumer technological expectations, Obamacare, increased government disability regulations, anticipated minimum wage increases and the emergence of sharing economy competitors such as Airbnb and VRBO are a few of the issues they must navigate to be successful in 2016 and beyond.
Lenders must underwrite to these factors.
Coleman webinar moderator Bob Coleman will bring you up-to-date on all of the changes in the hospitality industry that small business credit underwriters must know for prudent loan decisions.
Joining Bob agains this year will be auction.com and industry expert Anthony Falor.
He will source the latest big hotel data, so you will come away with a very clear understanding of how the hospitality industry is performing today, and what to expect in the future.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Breaking down the industry categories from full service to economy to best assess lending opportunities
- Breakdown of RevPar Growth in major markets
- Are these small business loans, or commercial real estate loans? Why is this important?
- Importance of management and what lenders should demand
- How to value hotel and motel properties — price per key and where are cap rates today?
- The 5 hospitality metrics you must look for in each property
- Who’s supplying capital to this sector now?
- How are acquisition projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- How are construction projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- What are the important factors in refinancing
- When conventional financing is the answer
- When SBA 7(a) is the answer or when SBA 504 Green, is the answer
- Mom and Pop vs. the Brand
- Evaluating Brands — Franchise default numbers
- What information you need to know from franchisors
- What information you need to know from the franchisee
- Understanding PIP/Renovation Requirements
- The government regulations that affect cash flow
- The $15 minimum wage issue
- Changing customer technology expectations and the impact on cash flow
- Where do customers come from and the cost of acquiring them
- 2015 industry data results
- What you need to know about room supply and demand
- How you should use social media in hospitality underwriting
- Impact of Anticipated SBA changes to affiliations and franchise lending
Auction.com is led by Managing Director Anthony Falor, a 25-year hospitality veteran who specializes in acquisitions, development, franchising and hotel real estate transactions. He spearheads the group from Auction.com’s Atlanta office. Under Falor’s direction, the new team includes hospitality specialists who were carefully selected for their expertise, knowledge and ability to serve the unique needs of the lodging industry’s buyers and sellers.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register 60-Days Webinar” in Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA
5) Click here for paying using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved