October 13, 2016
By Bob Coleman
Editor, Coleman Movers & Shakers
Coleman Movers & Shakers
Timothy Dixon Named HomeBanc Regional President
Florida’s HomeBanc has named Timothy D. Dixon as Regional President, SBA/USDA Product Manager.
He is based in Shaker Heights, Ohio.
Timothy brings to HomeBanc more than 35 years of experience in the banking industry. He holds a Bachelor degree from Macalester College. He most recently served on the Small Business Committee of the Consumer Bankers Association and chaired the SBA Sub-Committee. Mr. Dixon was also a member of the Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio Chapters of the Young Presidents Association.
First Choice Bank Names Ben Buskey Regional Vice President
Robert Franko, the Bank’s President & CEO says, “Ben is exactly the banker we wanted for this vital Southern California market. He values his clients and his clients, in turn, value and respect Ben’s expertise and dedication.”
“I am very excited and honored to be a part of such a great team,” says Ben. “First Choice Bank truly has a deep commitment to be the First in Speed, Service and Solutions, and do everything they can to excel at that commitment. I can think of no better place to be, where I can provide business owners not with just a product, but rather a true banking partnership.”
“Ben has extensive sales and leadership experience in the Orange County banking community and will be a valuable asset in the continued success of First Choice Bank,” says Nicole Swain, Chief Banking Officer.
Ben comes to First Choice Bank with over 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, specifically targeting commercial and industrial lending, equipment finance, real estate lending, treasury management solutions and commercial insurance.
Ben is very active in the community, serving on the board of directors of Greater Union Baptist Church and as president of the Orange County Bankers Club.
Zachary Reed Joins Thomas USAF As Commercial Loan Officer
“We are pleased to announce Zachary Reed has joined the Thomas USAF Group team as a Junior Commercial Loan Officer/Analyst,” says Chairman Mike Thomas.
Before join THomas USAF Group, Zach worked on the equity side of the market as a Senior Financial Services Representative E*TRADE Financial.
After working there for just over a year on the Elite Trading Team he received his Series 7 and Series 63 certifications with FINRA.
Zachary earned a B.B.A. from the University of Georgia.
Harvest Small Business Finance, LLC Designated SBA Preferred Lender
“We are very proud of the commitment and responsibility that the SBA has bestowed upon Harvest SBF in recognition of our commitment to quality lending practices and a thorough understanding and implementation of the SBA lending programs. This is a reflection of the quality people who make up our organization and the years of experience and diligence they bring to our company,” says Dave Scherer, President of Harvest SBF.
SBA Now Accepting 2017 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
SBA is now accepting nominations for its 2017 National Small Business Week Awards
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards provides forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 30 – May 6, 2017, include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. EST, Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2017. SBA will no longer be using the Small Business Week online portal. All nomination packages may only be hand delivered or mailed to an SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
Small Business Lending Conference Calendar