How a Prudent Lender Completes 5 Key SBA 7(a) Forms
Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
It’s not as simple as “fill-in-the-box” when completing SBA’s forms.
The importance of being correct and precise is key. Missteps can cause delays in loan approval and loan documentation.
Errors can cause irritation and problems during SBA reviews.
Poor information is problematic in loan servicing and liquidation.
And, of course, inaccuracies can lead to the invalidation of the SBA 7(a) guaranty.
Join Coleman webinar instructor and banc-serv’s lead trainer, Gina Rodgers, as she walks you through what you should be doing in completing five key SBA 7(a) forms, as either a GP lender, or a PLP lender — and of course as a “prudent” lender.
Form 4 — Application for Business Loan
- Best practice considerations for “Use of Proceeds” allocations
- What is considered previous government debt
- What SBA wants included in the debt section
- Common mistakes vs. lender
- Why 100% accuracy is extremely important
- Why you should care about applicant’s certifications
Form 4- a — Schedule of Collateral
- What “market value” number you should use
- What “amount of lien” number you should use
- The importance of advance rates
- Completing the personal property section
Form 4-I — Lender’s Application for Guaranty
- What the signer of the 4-I MUST do
- Understanding the signer’s representations to the SBA
- A best practice discussion of completing the financial spread
- A best practice discussion of completing the pro forma
- How a “prudent” lender completes the lender’s analysis
- Understanding the “credit elsewhere” rule and the lender’s certification
Form 159 — Fee Disclosure and Compensation Agreement
- Definitions of agents
- The mandatory fee disclosures
- Documenting lender prepared SBA loan packages
- Loan Service Provider disclosures
(NEW!) Form 912 — Statement of Personal History
- A review of the new changes
- How to handle questions 7,8 and 9 affirmative responses
Who should attend
Small Business loan underwriters
SBA loan underwriters
Small Business Loan department managers
Chief Credit Officers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via Go-to-Webinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend, please forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Manager of Training & Personnel Development
banc-serv PARTNERS, LLC
Gina has been with banc-Serv Partners for 9 years. She has worked as a Relationship Manager in the underwriting department and as the Manager of Training and personnel development. She provides all external training to lenders and internal training to banc-Serv employees.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Every month, the author of the bestselling “The SBA Loan Book” and the just released book, “Get Financing Now,” Charles Greene presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with three of the finest experts in the country — Ethan Smith of SBA lender boutique law firm Starfield and Smith, SBA lender attorney Mitch Fogel, and Kerri Agee, of banc-serv, the president of the largest SBA loan service provider in the country.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have two options to listen to the program–phone, or through your computer speakers. You are only charged for the connection.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use Go-to-Webinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. Nothing will be downloaded to your computer. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will walk you through it.
Coleman speakers are on video and screen sharing. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the gotowebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone.
Before the event, we will email you the presentation that you may distribute to all of your attendees.
Coleman Report News of the Day Starts of 1:50 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Coleman Report News of the Day” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the DVD and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish. If
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 800-617-1380, extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here