Time: 2PM – 3:15PM Eastern; 1PM – 2:15PM Central; 12:PM – 1:15PM Mountain; 11AM – 12:15PM Pacific
Download a Registration Form
SBA’s new SOP 50 10 5(I) presents SBA lenders a confusing mix of pitfalls, but don’t underestimate the high stakes of compliance.
A top-10 SBA 7(a) lender learned its credit-memo lessons the hard way, recently settling a Department of Justice false-claim act accusation for $7 million—plus loss of the guaranty, plus jail time for brokers—all stemming from an SBA credit memo the lender’s management believed was compliant.
The SBA’s new January 1 SOP creates stiff new requirements for 7(a) loans. In fact, the Inspector General has recommended denial or “clawback” of guaranties for all loans that don’t comply.
Here’s the good news: This 75-minute webinar will make your underwriters experts on the SBA 7(a) credit memo for loans over $1,000,000 (in fact we’ll cover regs for all loans over $350,000). You’ll especially learn about the minefield of possible errors related to equity injection, collateral requirements, financial statements, working capital and eligibility rules.
Above all, this event focuses especially on the most common mistakes likely to provoke red flags and punitive action by SBA auditors, let alone by the Department of Justice, loan committees, bank regulators, your board of directors and other overseers.
Best of all, this training is only $389 (multiple locations from the same organization is a flat fee of $489).
- What underwriters need to know about SBA’s eligibility rules
- How to account for collateral the SBA way (or, can we really do 100% CRE financing?)
- “Working capital adequacy” analysis required of borrower projections
- SBA SOP-mandated financial statement analysis
- Correctly analyzing the impact of affiliates
- Calculating the debt service coverage ratio the SBA Way
- Impermissible adjustments to cash flow
- Business acquisition loan underwriter errors
- What underwriters need to know about SBA’s equity injection rules
- Correct completion of SBA forms 159, 912 and 1920.
Bob is the founder and editor of the Coleman Report, the trade newsletter and training headquarters for SBA and small business lenders. He is a nationally recognized expert on small business lending, has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets, including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. His company produces online training videos and webinars for small business lenders, teaching them to make smarter, less risky loans to Main Street.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register Credit Memo Sub-$350,000 Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
What are Coleman Webinars?
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry. 95% of the top 100 SBA 7(a) lenders are our clients. Our events help make your staff experts in the issues covered, which translates to higher performance, higher yield and greater safety in your lending practices.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why attend Coleman Training Webinars?
A Coleman Webinar is a very cost effective training solution. No airfare, no hotels. Just invite as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program: You may watch and listen on screen, or watch on screen and listen in on your phone, or simply listen on your phone. The phone number will be provided with your webinar handouts.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
Can our staff ask questions during the webinar?
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question: One is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions. Your questions will be answered by our expert faculty. All our webinars are recorded.
Can I get a copy of the webinar?
Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How does the webinar work?
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
How do we access GoToWebinar?
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a fireall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 775-4591 if you need assistance.
Will we be able to see our Coleman Webinar speakers during the webinar? You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and PowerPoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Will I receive handouts for the webinar?
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. Copies may be distributed to all of your attendees.
What if I miss some or all of my webinar?
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues, such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes, that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link, so you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
What are your pricing and guaranty policies?
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2017 All Rights Reserved