When: Thursday, April 2, 2015
Determining a Borrower’s Eligibility for SBA Financing — A Best Practice Guide
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Central
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Mountain
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
The number one reason SBA denies its 7(a) guaranty is the lender approved a loan for a borrower that is ineligible for SBA financing.
When a loan is approved to an ineligible borrower, the SBA guaranty is voided right out of the box. By definition, SBA can grant a loan guaranty only to an eligible small business.
This Coleman webinar will discuss SBA’s eligibility rules in a manner to make it easy for you to remember the rules, by giving you the broader background of when an applicant is ineligible for SBA financing. In other words, we don’t just give you a list, we explore the reasoning behind the list.
Join former SBA Deputy Director of the Little Rock Servicing Center and Coleman faculty instructor Lance Sexton as he professionally teaches you the best practices you should adopt in making SBA loan borrower eligibility decisions.
Lance will also incorporate all of the 2014 SOP changes, to ensure you and your staff will be up-to-date with the current SOP 5010 5(G).
This webinar is geared for loan underwriters who wrestle with eligibility decisions daily.
Remember, a poor loan underwriting decision will probably not affect your SBA guaranty. A poor eligibility decision will invalidate your SBA guaranty.
You will learn:
- SBA Eligibility 101 – the basic eligibility requirements.
- The problem with franchising eligibility. When is a franchise a small business? When is a franchise considered an affiliate of the franchisor?
- SBA’s definition of an affiliate, including all of the supporting documentation you must obtain by all parties in the loan application stage.
- When and how you should abdicate your PLP eligibility decision on a specific loan and submit it for SBA’s approval.
- The “prudent and reasonable lender” test you must follow throughout the eligibility determination process.
- A thorough review of eligibility traps in SBA Form 1919 — Borrower Information Form 1919.
- And, a thorough review of eligibility traps in SBA Form 1920 — Lender’s Application for Guaranty for all 7(a) Programs.
- The eligibility documentation the lender personally signing SBA Form 1920 should include in the file.
- Understand when you need to obtain SBA form 912 — Statement of Personal History.
- What is the best practice to process these forms given borrower’s misrepresentations will make the loan ineligible.
- Understanding size standards.
- Rules for Non US citizens.
- How to calculate maximum dollar program limits for borrowers and guarantors.
- Understand the “credit elsewhere” test.
- How to document the “credit elsewhere” certification.
Who should attend:
SBA Business Development Officers
SBA Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Closers
Small Business Lending Department Managers
Chief Credit Officers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com.
Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Former SBA Deputy Director, Little Rock Commercial Loan Servicing Center
Lance served as Deputy Director of the SBA Little Rock Commercial Loan Servicing Center managing the Servicing of SBA Loans, the liquidation of SBA Express Loans, and the Liquidation of SBA 504 loans in a 24 state area.
Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and non-performing, and six years of experience as a small business owner.
He has served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Executive Officer of three community banks building and managing SBA portfolios at each bank. Lance also was a faculty member of the Sam M Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas teaching entrepreneurship courses.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.”
Bob is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending. He has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
He is a prolific keynote speaker at numerous small business lending events across the United States every year – including recent international speaking engagements in the U.K. and Germany.
Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $389.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question.
All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here via PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved