Structuring Hybrid SBA 7(a) and 504 Financing Business Acquisition Loans
SBA COVID Program Underwriting Standards
PPP Business Acquisition Considerations
SBA’s Business Acquisition Rules in the New SOP 5010 6
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Go to Registration and Payment | Download a Registration Form
Comprising 24% of SBA loan dollars and 12% of the number of SBA loans, change of ownership loans are a critical component of lender portfolio performance.
However, there are traps in approving these loans. The Office of Inspector General warns lenders the highest incident of loan fraud is with biz aq loans. Biz Aq loans also have the highest incident of SBA lender errors in underwriting, closing and servicing — resulting in SBA 7(a) guaranty repairs and denials.
This Coleman webinar will reinforce proper underwriting and rules for SBA biz aq loans.
They are critical for maintaining a vibrant Main Street in your footprint, with the added bonus of employee creation and retention in these most uncertain times.
Coleman professional webinar instructor, former SBA Little Rock Loan Servicing Center Deputy Director, Lance Sexton will give a comprehensive presentation to show you how to avoid these mistakes.
Equally important, Lance will also give tips about the significant opportunities in this lending niche.
- Underwriting Criteria for new 7(a) Loans made during the COVID-19 Emergency
- Financial Analysis compliance with SOP 5010 6
- Credit Memo compliance with SOP 5010 6
- Factors to consider during COVID-19
- Prudent Underwriting Standards
- PPP Loan and EIDL Loan Issues in Calculating Cash Flow
- SOP 5010 6 Equity Injection Requirements
- Structuring the Biz Aq Loan
- Allowable Maturity
- IRS 4506-T and USCIS Status Verification Guidance
- Business Valuations e.g. 2020 values vs 2019 values
- Real Estate Appraisals
- PPP Special Rules
- What to do if the PPP Note is not fully forgiven
- Asset versus Stock sales
- Examples Requiring SBA Approval
- Lender Notifications
- Electronic Closing Review
- What CCO’s and Loan Committees Need to Know in Approving the Biz Aq Loan
- What to do when Real Estate is Involved
- Determining the amount of the Equity Injection
- Seller carry-back issues
- Documentation seller financing
- Documenting Equity Injection
- Goodwill issues
- Acquiring a Franchise
- SBA Franchise Loan Requirements
- Determining Franchise Eligibility
- Documentmenting Franchise Eligibility
- Determining Borrower Affiliations
- Documentation of Credit Elsewhere
- Special Cash Flow Calculation Considerations
- Risk Mitigation and Collateral Shortfall Strategies
- Landlord Waiver
- Assignment of Lease
- Site Visit Requirement
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has earned three industry SIPA awards for “Best Online Learning Product”.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans.
Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of BankOZK and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over five years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous SIPA industry awards including “Podcast of the Year” and as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $589.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $489 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($589), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register Business Acquisition Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Parkway #4525, Mission Viejo, CA, 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Parkway, #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2021 All Rights Reserved