SBA’s Universal Purchase Package is Now in Effect!
Attend the Live Webinar Event
Wednesday, September 13, 2023
2:00 PM Eastern
75-minute training with e-certification
Lenders must be correct and precise in their completion of SBA’s new SBA 7(a) guaranty purchase request — to receive payment and not a guaranty repair or denial.
WARNING TO LENDERS:
Documentation for purchase. SBA will not purchase its guaranteed portion of a loan from a Lender unless the Lender has submitted to SBA documentation that SBA deems sufficient to allow SBA to determine whether purchase of the guarantee is warranted under CFR § 120.524.
To avoid guaranty losses due to documentation errors, national SBA servicing and liquidation expert, Lance Sexton, will teach this Coleman webinar to show you what information to enter — to get SBA’s guaranty honored and 100% paid.
The New Purchase Package consists of the following. Lance will discuss each tab in detail for you to understand exactly what SBA needs to process your request.
Tab 1 – General Loan Information:
● Guaranty Loan Authorization/Digital E-Tran Approval Purchase Package
● Companion Loans
● Wire Instructions
Tab 2 – Loan Summary:
● SBA Assignment Form
Tab 3 – Transcript of Account:
● Change in Terms Summary
● CPC Tabs
Tab 4 – Early Default Determination/Documentation:
● Credit Memorandum
● Equity Injection
● IRS Income Tax Verification
Tab 5 – Business Eligibility:
● Affiliation analysis
● Guaranty Application(s) and Addendum(s)
Tab 6 – Obligors:
● Obligors/Guarantors – Business Entities
● Obligors/Guarantors – Individuals
Tab 7 – Use of Proceeds:
● National Guaranty Purchase Center
Tab 8 – Collateral:
● General Collateral Summary (if litigation is involved, include case # and explanation of outcome/expectation) and attach documentation:
○ Foreclosure or other litigation documentation, pleadings, schedules, etc.
● If collateral released/modified/abandoned/sold, provide details and attach relevant documentation (examples shown below):
○ Post Default Appraisal(s) and/or Business Valuation, Purchase/Sale Agreement, HUD-1, Settlement Statement, Bill of Sale – if sold;
○ Post Default Appraisal(s) and/or Business Valuation, and Cost Benefit Analysis – if abandoned;
○ Police/fire reports, Insurance claims, etc. – if vandalized, etc. Attach a copy of the Site Visit, if the aggregate recoverable value of the personal property was greater than or equal to $5,000 or if the aggregate recoverable value of each parcel or real property collateral was greater than or equal to $10,000.
Don’t make one of these errors!
SBA is released from liability on a loan guarantee (in whole or in part, within SBA’s exclusive discretion), if any of the events below occur:
1. The Lender has failed to comply materially with any Loan Program Requirement for 7(a) loans.
2. The Lender has failed to make, close, service, or liquidate a loan in a prudent manner;
3. The Lender’s improper action or inaction has placed SBA at risk;
4. The Lender has failed to disclose a material fact to SBA regarding a guaranteed loan in a timely manner;
5. The Lender has misrepresented a material fact to SBA regarding a guaranteed loan;
6. SBA has received a written request from the Lender to terminate the guarantee;
7. The Lender has not paid the guarantee fee within the period required under SBA rules and regulations;
8. The Lender has failed to request that SBA purchase a guarantee within 180 days after maturity of the loan. However, if the Lender is conducting liquidation or debt collection litigation in connection with a loan that has matured, SBA will be released from its guarantee only if the Lender fails to request that SBA purchase the guarantee within 180 days after the completion of the liquidation or debt collection litigation;
9. The Lender has failed to use required SBA forms or exact electronic copies CFR 120.24.
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
- Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
- We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
- We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing and new SBA rules and regulations.
- Tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three training industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Stripe
2) EMAIL –Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice.
3) PHONE — Call us at 818-790-4591.
Founder & Publisher