What Senior Management Needs to Know about the “Small Loan Advantage” Program
How to Implement the Small Loan and Community Advantage Product
Thursday, May 30, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
A 85% guaranty for loans up to $150,000, and a 75% guaranty for loans up to $350,000.
You get to use your own forms. And SBA consents to a streamlined, e.g. short!, credit memo.
And the interest rate can be as high as P+4.25%.
The key factor in establishing this program is your credit score model.
Bob Coleman will lead and advanced, in depth discussion about what you will need to do to craft the model, test the model, and maintain the model.
Join us and you will learn:
• What you need to know about the two page application form.
• What you need to include in the credit memorandum.
• What is the SBA SLA credit score.
• How is the SBA SLA credit score different from SBA’s Small Business Predictive Credit Score.
• SBA requires lenders to add more data points than a consumer credit score. What other type of data points should the lender include?
• What are the best automation tools lenders should embrace?
• Should you consider partnering with an “alternative” small business lender to embrace their platform and model?
• Understand the compliance issues between your SBA and non-SBA micro loan portfolio.
• What are the steps you must take to validate your credit score model?
• What documentation is required to validate your credit score model?
• How often must you review your model?
• What are the differences between the Community Advantage program, and the Small Loan Advantage program?
• How the Secondary Market Views SLA loans.
• What do Mission Driven Lenders Need to Know about Community Advantage
Who should attend
SBA department managers
SBA loan underwriters
This webinar is rated “EXPERT” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Who should attend:
Small Business Loan Underwriters
Small Business Banking Manager
SBA Loan Department Manager
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via Go-to-Webinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend, please forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates
Join the Expert Instructor:
Senior Community Loan Officer
CDC Small Business Finance
Susan Lamping has overseen the Community Lending activities at the CDC for the last eleven years. She assists local businesses meet their technical assistance and financing needs through a variety of different sources. She acts as the liaison for the technical assistance needs of small businesses in San Diego, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Imperial Counties, utilizing partner organizations to link clients with the appropriate business assistance. In partnership with some of the local banks in San Diego, she assists borrowers in acquiring SBA financing as well as financing through alternative sources.
Sr. Vice President
Fred Crispen manages the Celtic Bank, Celtic Express Lending Division on a nationwide bases. He utilizes the SBA Patriot Express, Export Express and SLA II Programs to make working capital loans from $20,000 to $150,000.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Two monthly SBA topical webinars are conducted by John Dunn and Lisa Lerner, our national professional SBA instructors.
Dunn and Lerner’s presentations solve pressing problems facing today’s SBA lending professionals.
Every month, the author of the bestselling “The SBA Loan Book” and the just released book, “Get Financing Now,” Charles Greene presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with three of the finest experts in the country — Ethan Smith of SBA lender boutique law firm Starfield and Smith, SBA lender attorney Mitch Fogel, and Kerri Agee, of banc-serv, the president of the largest SBA loan service provider in the country.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have two options to listen to the program–phone, or through your computer speakers. You are only charged for the connection.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use Go-to-Webinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. Nothing will be downloaded to your computer. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will walk you through it.
Coleman speakers are on video and screen sharing. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the gotowebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone.
Before the event, we will email you the presentation that you may distribute to all of your attendees.
Coleman Report News of the Day Starts of 1:50 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Coleman Report News of the Day” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the DVD and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish. If
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 800-617-1380, extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here