What are the Critical steps a Prudent Lender must do as a SBA Loan Approaches 60 days Delinquent?
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Go to Registration and Payment | Download a Registration Form
Painful truth: Once an SBA loan goes delinquent, the lender’s risk skyrockets. Clearly, you want your servicing staff to swing into action—the right action—at the moment your SBA loan becomes non-performing. Failure to properly service a non-performing SBA loan dramatically increases the risk of a costly repair or even denial of the SBA guaranty.
The good news is, the SBA clearly defines correct procedure for moving a non-performing SBA loan into liquidation. The bad news is, many SBA loan servicing staff are not familiar with these required steps and actions and often drop the ball.
Servicing staff must also know when and how, once a loan has been put into liquidation status, it can be moved back into regular status.
Join former SBA Little Rock Servicing Deputy Director and veteran Coleman webinar instructor Lance Sexton, as he covers all of the actions you must perform as the 60-day trigger approaches.
In short, understanding all steps required by the SBA as a loan moves toward and past the 60 day threshold is critical to protect your SBA loan guaranty.
The webinar will make your servicing staff experts on handling non-performing loans—from pre-delinquency, through delinquency and out again where possible. It will also address requirements pertaining to both SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
Best of all, this training is only $389 (multiple locations from the same organization is a flat fee of $489).
The webinar will address both SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loan requirements.
- The triggers that put the SBA loan in liquidation.
- When and how to notify SBA of the numerous actions you must take.
- How to use the SBA Loan Servicing Matrix for loans approaching 60 days past due.
- All about site visits – A thorough analysis of prudent lender site visit responsibilities.
- What you must do to document collateral. Importantly, what do to if collateral is missing.
- What to do if there is a documentation problem with the loan.
- How to manage the borrower during this transitional phase.
- The steps SBA allows you to perform for the care and preservation of collateral.
- When you should prepare the liquidation plan and how to obtain SBA’s approval.
- How to apply loan payments when the loan is in default.
- When and how to repurchase the loan from the secondary market.
- What are prudent and acceptable care and preservation of collateral expenses?
- How do you obtain approval?
- How do you document and get reimbursed?
Lance Sexton served as Deputy Director of the SBA Little Rock Commercial Loan Servicing Center managing the Servicing of SBA Loans, the liquidation of SBA Express Loans, and the Liquidation of SBA 504 loans in a 24 state area. Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and nonperforming, and six years of experience as a small business owner.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the Publisher of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for SBA and small business lenders. He produces online training videos and webinars for small business lenders to teach them to make less risky loans to Main Street.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register 60-Days Delinquent Webinar” in Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA, 91012
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690-4525
(c) 2017 All Rights Reserved