Are You In Compliance with 2023 SBA 7(a) Collateral Requirements? — Webinar 2/22
• Understand SBA’s 2023 Collateral Requirements
• How to Document for Collateral Exempted From Your SBA 7(a) Loan
A Coleman Training Webinar
Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Time: 2:00pm Eastern
Download a Registration Form
A 75-Minute Training Class That Lets Staff Earn E-Certification
SBA regulations are clear that your underwriting analysis must show how the borrower will repay the loan from cash flow — not the liquidation of collateral.
In fact, SBA clearly states a loan may be approved without full collateral sufficiency — truly the definition of an SBA loan.
BUT, the lender is under four specific guidance points for SBA Lending:
• Secure Liens on all “available” collateral
• Address Life Insurance
• Discuss current COVID market conditions.
• Requirements for Loans over $350,000
New, “Discussion of the impact current market conditions have on collateral adequacy.” That is the only guidance from SBA for lenders.
So, we will do an in-depth training session of how exactly SBA, and the regulators, want you to address collateral values in a COVID pandemic and post- pandemic environment.
This event will give your underwriters a thorough understanding of SBA’s SOP collateral valuation requirements and demonstrate how to calculate collateral numbers flawlessly.
We’ll take a look at a couple of SBA Inspector General audits resulting in guaranty denials — so you can learn from others’ mistakes
Finally, we’ll also address how some lenders are able to offer 100% SBA 7(a) financing for commercial real estate acquisitions.
You will learn how to calculate the SBA collateral values of:
- Collateral Basics
- Collateral Adequacy
- Collateral Requirements on SBA 7 (a) Small Loans
- Collateral – Loans between $25,000 and $350,000
- Collateral Requirements on Loans Over $350,000
- Junior Mortgage on RRE
- Appraisal Requirements on Loans
- Appraisal Requirements – Non-commercial Real Estate
- Business Valuation Requirements- Change of Ownership
- Business Valuation Requirements – Non special Purpose Property
- Qualified Sources of Business Valuations
- Personal Guaranties
- Corporate of Entity Guaranties
- CAP Line Collateral Requirements
- SBA Express Collateral Requirements
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
- Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
- We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
- We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing and new SBA rules and regulations.
- Tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three training industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years
Bob Coleman is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card. Download a Registration Form
3) PHONE — Call us at 818-790-4591.
Publisher, Coleman Report