SBA as your New Regulator
SBA OCRM 7(a) Lender Reviews
Lender Monetary Fines
Corrective Formal and Informal Findings
PARRiS Score Benchmark Ratings
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
SBA SOP 5053 (2) — Supervision and Enforcement, Office of Credit Risk Management
The Small Business 7(a) Lending Oversight Reform Act of 2018 is operational and now in place. The new SOP outlines lender and SBA responsibilities with a the new SBA lender oversight committee by the Office of Credit Risk Management.
This Coleman webinar discusses developments in SBA’s supervision and enforcement program created from new legislation, regulations, notices, delegations of authority, and evolving practices.
Importantly for lenders, the revised SOP includes SBA’s Risk-Based Review Protocol, PARRiS and SMART methodologies, civil monetary penalties, temporary suspensions/revocations of Secondary Market Sales authority, lender oversight fees, receivership provisions for SBA Supervised Lenders and CDCs, and oversight of SBA lender management of agent activities.
In addition, the webinar offers background about lender peer groups, the corrective action process, informal enforcement actions, confidentiality of supervisory information, guidance on shortened and non-renewal of delegated authority, and Intermediary enforcement.
Lance Sexton has a long history of working with small businesses and educating small business owners and students related to Entrepreneurship and SBA Loan Origination, Servicing, and Liquidation.
Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and non-performing, and six years of experience as a small business owner. He has served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Executive Officer of three community banks building and managing SBA portfolios at each bank. Lance also was a faculty member of the Sam M Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas teaching entrepreneurship courses. He is an Executive Vice President of BankOZK.
- OCRM Monitoring Methods
- Risk Based Review Protocol
- Timing and Frequency of Reviews
- Factors for Increased Supervision of an SBA Lender’s Portfolio
- Formal vs Informal Enforcement Actions
- Enforcement Actions
- Enforcement Procedures
- Oversight Fees
- The Logistics of Independent Loan Reviews — What happens?
- New L/LMS Lender Portal & Lender Profile Assessments
- OCRM Information and Data Requests for Reviews (What is SBA looking at these days)
- Analytical Reviews
- Targeted Reviews
- Full Reviews
- Delegated Authority Reviews
- Secondary Market Reviews
- Oversight of SBA lender management of agent activities
- The Proposed Scope of Lender Corrective Actions
- Administration of Lender Fines
- Overall SBA 7(a) Lender Oversight
- Understanding the content of the PARRiS Review
- Understanding ways to Improve your PARRis Score
5-Year Cumulative Net Yield
12-Month Default Rate
5-Year Default Rate
Early Problem Loan Rate
High-Risk Origination Rate
1502 Reporting Rate
Loans in Active Default Status over 3 Years Rate
24-Month Repair/Denial Rate
FDIC total Risk-Based Rate
Non-Performing Asset Ratio
Lender Purchase Rating
Average SBPS (weighted)
Recovery Rate (Over last 5 years)
Has Prudential Regulator (Preferred)/No Corrective Action Request (Preferred)
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question during the webinar. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 10:300pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $489 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($589), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register SOP 50 53 2 Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2020 All Rights Reserved