Meeting the likely ability to repay standard
A New Coleman Webinar for SBA Loan Underwriters!
A Coleman Training Webinar
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
With a rising Prime Rate correctly anticipating interest costs of your SBA loan borrower is a key cornerstone of the validity of the lender’s SBA loan guaranty.
This webinar gives SBA loan underwriters a comprehensive understanding of how SBA expects to address the impact of market economics on your borrower’s business model and cash flow calculations
Consider this fact.
The Fed’s key benchmark borrowing rate is projected to rise another three-quarters of a percentage point in 2023, hitting a 17-year high. Two additional Fed officials see rates rising further to the highest levels since 2001.
These projected interest rate increases will put many SBA borrowers at or above the 12% interest rate threshold.
This webinar teaches clear understanding of SBA’s cash flow analysis requirements for the credit memo — the lender must reasonably examine an applicant’s likely ability to repay their loan.
Unfortunately for underwriters, the SBA Inspector General continually finds lenders fail to properly analyze and prudently underwrite borrower cash flow.
These failures prompt SBA to deny guaranty claims for dozens of failed loans. (Loans that do not demonstrate repayment ability are deemed ineligible borrowers by SBA)
You and your team will learn:
- Debt Service Calculations Required for 2023
- What must be in the credit memo
- A careful analysis of two SBA Inspector General Audit of two lender’s deficient cash flow analysis — and what they should have done
- A review of SBA’s likely repayment ability standard
- What SBA demands of lenders to be compliant in analyzing borrower projections
- What resources lenders must use for best results in analyzing borrower cash flow
- Correctly analyzing the impact of affiliates
- Economic Factors you must consider
- What numbers to use?
- Acceptable projections format.
- Analyzing Historical Financial Information
- Projecting Future Revenues and Profits
- Special Rules for Business Acquisition Loans
- Use of Proceeds Rules and Documentation
- How to account for Collateral the SBA way
- New SBAExpress and Small Loan Rules
- Working Capital Adequacy Standard
- SBA SOP-Mandated Financial Statement Analysis
- Calculating the debt service coverage ratio the SBA Way
- Existing PPP and or EIDL loan calculations
- Industry Sensitive NAICS Codes
- Franchise Sensitive Brands
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
- Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
- We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
- We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing and new SBA rules and regulations.
- Tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three training industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years
Bob Coleman is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to email@example.com with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card. Download a Registration Form
3) PHONE — Call us at 818-790-4591.
Publisher, Coleman Report