California Small Business Loan Disclosure Statements Required as of December 9 2022
CFPB to also Issue Small Business Loan Disclosure Regulations
A Coleman Webinar
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
a 75-minute webinar that lets staff earn e-certification
The regulations by California were finalized on June 9, 2022, will require commercial financing providers to disclose metrics of their small business loan approvals:
● Loan amount of funding the small business will receive
● Annual Percentage Rate
● Payment amount
● Prepayment policies
● Average monthly cost
The regulations will assist small businesses in making more informed decisions about the potential costs of various commercial financing options.
Affected institutions include California state-chartered banks, California state-chartered credit unions and nonbank lenders.
You’re not in California? Well, don’t get too comfortable. We’ll address the status of the Consumer Finance Protection Board regulations that will affect you in the future.
● The DFPI and Small Business Lending
● Who the DFPI regulates
● Lending Programs DFPI regulates
● The Logistics of Implementation
● The Logistics of Reporting
● How the DFPI Reviews Small Business Lenders
● Costs associated with DFPI compliance
● Franchise Lending Regulations by DFPI
● Status of CFPB Small Business Lending Regulations
What California says:
The passage of the California Consumer Financial Protection Law expanded our oversight to include credit repair and consumer credit reporting companies, debt collectors, debt relief companies, private student loan servicers, and others. Thanks to the new law, we can now investigate most claims of unlawful, unfair, deceptive and abusive practices by financial service providers, adding even more protections to California consumers. The newly created Division of Consumer Financial Protection is responsible for supervising and regulating financial activities not previously overseen by the Department.
Order Coleman’s California DFPI Commercial Financing Guide from Amazon for $64.95
(Webinar attendees receive a free copy!)
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
● Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize compliance with a generation of financial regulators.
● We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes for its small business lending programs.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing CFPB and DFPI rules and regulations.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance with new CFPB and DFPI rules and regulations.
● Get tips that solve difficult small business lending underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructor:
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
100 of the top 100 SBA lenders purchase our reports and data — attend our online training, webinars and summits. Coleman Report is committed to a mission of providing information to train finance professionals as small business lending experts who fund capital to Rural and Main Street America.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card.
3) PHONE — Call Joseph, Bob or Michael at 818-790-4591.
Publisher, Coleman Report