A Live Streaming Webinar
Clean Up Your PPP Portfolio – Steps to Take Before the Start of FY23
How to Deal With the PPP Problem Loans; Non Responsive Borrowers, Closed Businesses, and Fraud
Actions You Need to Take Before September 30th
A Coleman Webinar
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download Registration Form
Our latest polls indicate only half of SBA lenders have cleared their PPP portfolios. And about the same number are prepared for the tough task of submitting guaranty purchase for their remaining PPP loans.
Very soon, risk compliance officers, your regulators, your auditors — even SBA — will want to know the status of getting the remaining PPP loans off your books.
If you have your share of unforgiven loans, this managerial advice is well-worth your time and money.
Consider the source. Coleman professional webinar instructor Lance Sexton, has forgiven over 210,000 PPP loans. And every day he sees something new.
Lance will share his secrets and tips on how to tackle this task in an unorganized, quick and efficient manner that benefits as many stakeholders as possible.
The webinar is q&a themed. Here are some of the past questions Lance will address:
Are you aware of a hard deadline from SBA to stop requesting additional supporting documentations for their Loan reviews in 2022 or 2023?
How do you handle submitted Draw 1 Forgiveness App w/a Hold Code/Hold on the Platform then borrower wants to proceed with Draw 2?
I found out today that a client sold their business in May of 2021 but did not apply for forgiveness for their 2nd draw PPP loan. Should we still attempt to go through the change in ownership process after the fact.
A borrower received a PPP Loan and utilized funds as required. 12 months later the lender was notified the loan was over disbursed. SBA is now limiting borrowers to only 50% forgiveness. What can the borrower do?
Lender suggests recommending Direct Denial. Does SBA still review the file?
What is your interpretation around repayment during forgiveness application processing? Specifically, if a borrower begins forgiveness once they are in repayment, should their payments pause until the application is fully processed?
How long is the SBA guarantee in place? We are working with clients in several instances, and provided extensions trying to comply with the SBA guidance for Lenders to help as much as possible with repayments. Are we covered under the guarantee through the new maturity if the client stops paying?
Borrower applied for forgiveness after the deferred period ended. Should the lender take payments while a decision is pending.. Or is it better to just defer?
If client’s have appealed the SBA forgiveness decision, what is the best way to obtain updates on this process?
Must we wait 60 days if we have a record of multiple requests for payment and the borrower has ghosted us, before we submit for repurchase?
When you know there is fraud do you have to have the 60 days past due or can you just submit immediately?
Even if borrower applies after deferral period does deferment start when they apply for forgiveness?
Does it matter the type of bankruptcy filing as to submitting for guaranty, i.e. 7 v. 13 where payments could be made over time
Has SBA requested a site visit on any of the repurchase requests that you have seen?
You will also Learn:
● Strategies to Get Forgiveness on the “low-hanging fruit” PPP loans
● Strategies for getting documentation from the non-responsive PPP borrower
● Borrower PPP loan non-forgiveness ramifications
● Structuring payments for the unforgiven loan
● Factors in submitting reconsiderations for SBA forgiveness denials
● Pulling the trigger for PDK preparation and charge-off
● Documentation required for the PDK
● Overcoming Etran errors — including the 544 error
● Seizure of Assets — IRS, DOJ, State
● Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filings
● Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Filings
● The difference between a PPP loan and an SBA 7(a) loan
● Site Visits and Documentation of Site Visits
● Using the SBA Loan Servicing Matrix
● Litigation and the PPP Loan — Does SBA pick up legal fees?
● What happens if your institution is sued by the borrower?
● Should there be Care and Preservation of Collateral Expenses.
● Business Acquisition Tips to Protect the Lender
● Can/should the PPP loan be assumable
● What to do if there is a documentation problem with the loan.
● How to manage the borrower during this transitional phase.
● How to apply loan payments when the loan is in default.
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
● Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
● We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing SBA rules and regulations.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance with new SBA rules and regulations.
● Get tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three publishing industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
100 of the top 100 SBA lenders purchase our reports and data — attend our online training, webinars and summits. Coleman Report is committed to a mission of providing information to train finance professionals as small business lending experts who fund capital to Rural and Main Street America.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card.
3) PHONE — Call Joseph, Bob or Michael at 818-790-4591.
Publisher, Coleman Report