Coleman 2020 Death Valley Jeep Trip
When: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Time: 7:00am – 7:00pm Pacific
Limited to Ten Vehicles
Vehicle Rental: Approx. $250
Bob and Joseph Coleman will be hosting a 4 wheel drive tour of Death Valley on Tuesday, April 14th.
There is no charge for the outing, but you will need to rent a vehicle or call shotgun with a driver. Coleman will take care of logistics for food and drinks.
Joseph rented a Jeep Wrangler last year from Sixt. You can take a shuttle directly from the airport. The cost for the two days was between $250 and $300.
Please note that the tour is limited to about 10 vehicles. Also note, this is a trip that a novice can comfortably enjoy.
Weather could, and will probably range anywhere from low 40’s to high 90s on this day.
7 am departure from Las Vegas for a 2 hour drive to Beatty. The tour will stop and fill up on gas. Coleman will provide a couple of coolers for water and food. Lunch will be provided courtesy of Colemen.
- Rhyolite Ghost Town, Nevada
- Titus Canyon
- DISCLAIMER: One-way road from the east; this dirt road is rough, steep and narrow. In the event of rain, the canyon will be closed and the trip will require a few alternative stops.
- Leadfield (in Titus Canyon)
- Stop at Leadfield for sandwiches, fruit and chips courtesy of the Colemans.
- Furnace Creek
- Visitors Center and Gift Shop.
- Badwater Basin
- This is the lowest point in North America at 282 feet below sea level. It is recommended that you plan on a one-hour optional flat hike! Bring shoes that you don’t mind getting very, very encrusted with mud and salt!
- Dante’s Peak
- Enjoy the view from 5,476 feet at Dante’s Peak, just a one hour drive from Badwater Basin.
2020 Death Valley Entrance Fee – $25 per vehicle and $12 a person. However, every time I’ve passed the exit it has been closed after 5 pm. (There is no entrance station via Titus Canyon.)
Death Valley has had a lot of rain this winter, tour attendees may get lucky and get to witness another Big Bloom!
To register, contact Bob Coleman at: