November 12, 2020
Coleman Movers & Shakers— Brent Ciurlino, Jeffrey Peisach, and United Community Bank
Brent Ciurlino Joins Blue Foundry Bank
“Brent is a seasoned veteran in the banking industry, and we’re thrilled to draw upon his expertise,” says Blue Foundry Bank CEO and President, James Nesci. “His ability to think strategically, adapt accordingly, and lead effectively makes him a valued asset to the Blue Foundry team.”
Brent Ciurlino, a longtime risk management expert, has joined the Rutherford-based bank as executive vice president and chief risk officer. In his new role, he will be responsible for all aspects of the bank’s enterprise risk and will work to ensure it is able to identify and mitigate risk in the course of achieving its financial and operational objectives.
“Blue Foundry is a sound, innovative community bank, positioned to build and grow its customer base and community presence,” says Ciurlino. “I look forward to enhancing the established enterprise risk management platform and working with the executive team to implement sound, strategic and visionary risk leadership that will facilitate safe growth as well as expand the bank’s product and customer core.”
First Bank of the Lake Welcomes Jeffrey Peisach to their SBA Lending Team
“We are pleased to welcome Jeffrey to our team. As we increase our lending presence nationwide, Jeffrey’s expertise in manufacturing perfectly aligns with our continued growth strategy,” says Annemarie Murphy, President of SBA Lending at First Bank of the Lake. “Jeffrey’s prior experience as an entrepreneur coupled with his lending expertise will help his clients reach their full potential. We are excited to welcome an exceptional lender of Jeffrey’s caliber to our team.”
Peisach joined First Bank of the Lake’s SBA team in October 2020. He has over 21 years of SBA lending experience, primarily focusing on manufacturing and export lending. He is also the co-founder and president of Ms. Desserts, Inc. headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and currently serves on the Executive Board as Treasurer of the Maryland Community Lenders Association.
“As a former Entrepreneur who grew a Dessert Bakery business from a start-up to a $10 million dollar a year company, I have a special appreciation for small business. I understand the grueling day-to-day challenges and what a critical role being properly financed plays in long-term success,” says Peisach. “As an SBA lender, I take special pride in originating and funding “life-changing loans” to help small business owners maximize the financial success of their company.”
United Community Bank Continues to Grow SBA Team
“As we have all witnessed, small businesses truly are the backbone of our economy, and the ups and downs of this year have only increased the need to provide them with the very best financial assistance,” said Beth Hallock, President of SBA for United Community Bank. “I am proud of the work our team has done throughout the year to help our small business customers overcome the many challenges presented to them by the pandemic. We are pleased to grow our team and increase our capacity to work with these customers as we all navigate the long-term effects of this economic disruption.”
United proudly welcomes the following SBA lending professionals:
- Carla Arnette, SBA Servicing Specialist. Arnette has more than 20 years of experience in SBA closings, bankruptcy, litigation, and real estate transactions. She is a graduate of Greenville Technical College.
- Chantale Charles, SBA Senior Construction Loan Specialist. She has 20 years of banking experience inclusive of both SBA and commercial construction lending. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Centenary College in New Jersey.
- Jocelyn Ernest Heckler, SBA Business Development Officer, Franchise Lending. She has 10 years of banking experience, serving in various customer-facing roles. Heckler received her master’s degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder and her bachelor’s degree from Colorado College.
- Claire Huse, SBA Senior Portfolio Manager. Huse has nearly three decades of banking experience in areas related to SBA and USDA lending. She is a graduate of Southern Adventist University.
- Erika Redgrave, SBA Sales Specialist, Healthcare Lending. Redgrave has spent her entire banking career with United, first serving as a Teller/Customer Service Representative and gradually elevating throughout the company as she earned various teller certifications and her NMLS license. She is a graduate of Young Harris College in North Georgia.
- Rebecca Robinson, SBA Senior Portfolio Manager. Robinson holds more than 18 years of banking experience in areas related to retail banking, SBA, and commercial lending. She is a graduate of both Western Carolina University and Southwestern Community College.
- Vincent Russo, SBA Underwriter, Franchise Lending. His professional experience includes time spent as a Loan Closer, Credit Analyst and Credit Underwriter focused on SBA and commercial lending. He earned both his Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Finance from Adelphi University in New York.
- Jason Sleeman, Vice President of Craft Beverage Lending. Sleeman has nearly two decades of banking experience which has been primarily dedicated to community banks. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia.