November 19, 2020
Coleman Movers & Shakers — Colony Bank, Mike Hix, and Richard Smith
Colony Bank Expands SBA Lending Group to Meet Increased Demand
“I am excited about the talent, knowledge and experience this group brings to our team,” says Darren Davis, President of the Small Business Specialty Lending Group. “This expansion speaks volumes about the platform, processes and culture our current team members have built since we started this group only 18 months ago. During these challenging economic times, when many other banks are decreasing lending to small businesses, Colony Bank’s SBSL department is growing, and we are committed to filling the gaps in access to capital for small businesses.”
Joining the SBSL team are:
- Kandee Cotton, BDO. Based in Columbus, Ohio, Cotton has 23 years’ experience in lending to dentists and other medical professionals.
- Elise Roper, BDO. Based in Birmingham, Alabama, Roper has over 29 years of commercial banking experience, including 21 years as an SBA Lender, and has processed over $187 million in U.S. small business loans.
- Ken Glover, BDO. Based in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, Glover has 30 years of experience in the finance industry, including corporate finance and international transactional lending totaling over $500 million.
- Michael Oppel, BDO. Based in Tifton, Georgia, Oppel will oversee USDA lending for Colony Bank. Oppel has 10 years of banking experience, including eight years specializing in USDA Business and Industry and Community Facilities loans.
- Peter Lee, Underwriter. Lee has eight years of underwriting experience, including SBA and small business lending.
- Eric Langemach, Underwriter. Langemach has 10 years of credit underwriting experience, including conventional, SBA and USDA loans.
- Amanda Sodano, Senior Loan Processor. Sodano has 13 years of banking experience, including five years in SBA lending.
- Monika Hoefling, Senior Loan Processor. Hoefling has 22 years of banking experience, including 18 years in government-guaranteed processing and closing.
- Anjela Ellis, Servicing Specialist. Ellis has 24 years of banking experience, including four years in SBA operations.
Mike Hix Joins Meadows Bank as Executive Vice President, Senior Loan Officer
“Mike’s tenure in the Northern Nevada market and notable accomplishments over his 35+ year career will be a tremendous asset to Meadows Bank in helping our clients succeed, grow and prosper,” says Arvind Menon, president, and chief executive officer of Meadows Bank. “Our plan is that Mike will transition into the Regional President role by mid-2021, guiding our Northern Nevada team and leading our efforts within the community.”
Hix joins Meadows Bank from Plumas Bank where he was a Senior Vice President and Commercial Loan Officer responsible for managing a $40+ million loan portfolio. In addition to his work with Meadows Bank, he will continue to proudly serve as a University of Nevada Small Business Development Center advisory board member and Rotary Club board member.
“I look forward to working with the great team at Meadows Bank,” says Hix. “This institution truly represents community banking, with its ability to provide great customer service at a local level, combined with knowledgeable bankers ready to take care of clients’ financial needs.”
Blue Foundry Hires Richard Smith as VP Security and Fraud Officer
“I am ready to apply decades of fraud management experience and knowledge to create programs that support Blue Foundry Bank and provide best-in-class fraud defenses,” says Richard Smith. “These new programs will assist the bank and our customers with loss recovery, more sophisticated investigation techniques, bank regulatory compliance, and customer education and remediation.”
In his new position, Smith will ensure the protection of Blue Foundry employees, customers, buildings and other assets, as well as creating a foundation for best practices in areas including fraud management, in order to reduce or eliminate loss for the organization and its customers. Smith will oversee security in all of the bank’s programs including SBA lending.