When: Thursday, May 22, 2014
Coleman’s 5th Annual Restaurant Financing Webinar
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Central
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Mountain
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
Industry expert Coleman webinar instructor Charles Green will take you behind the numbers and update you of the traps and opportunities you face when financing small business restaurants in 2014.
And the numbers are impressive:
- $683.4 billion: Restaurant industry sales.
- 3.6%: Restaurant industry sales increase in nominal terms.
- 1.2%: Restaurant industry sales increase in real (inflation-adjusted) terms.
- 990,000: Restaurant locations in the United States.
- 13.5 million: Restaurant industry employees.
- 10%: Restaurant workforce as part of the overall U.S. workforce.
- 47%: Restaurant industry share of the food dollar.
- Eight in 10: Restaurant owners who started their industry careers in entry-level positions.
- Nine in 10: Salaried restaurant employees who started as hourly workers.
- Nine in 10: Restaurants with fewer than 50 employees.
- Seven in 10: Restaurants that are single-unit operations.
(Source: National Restaurant Association)
This Webinar will Cover:
We’ll start with an update of the latest industry vertical definitions – Quick-Service, Fast Casual, Casual Dining, Fine Dining. Importantly, how do these niches differ in terms of financing needs and lender risk?
Then, Charles will analyze how restaurants are currently accessing capital. More and more restaurant owners are turning to alternative lenders pledging future credit card sales. Is this good or bad?
How does this affect your bank underwriting decisions? Charles will provide an indepth tutorial of all the factors loan underwrites must consider in the loan decision making process.
Finally, he will examine how are restaurants performing in relation to the rest of the economy? Have they rebounded? Do we now have too much supply? What about demand? Learn how to evaluate specific market risks.
You will learn:
· Failure statistics
· Benchmark food and labor cost numbers
· Loan underwriting best practices
· Answers loan underwriters should know
· How much equity should you demand?
· What are there so many restaurants?
· What you need to know about restaurant owners
· The impact of the “living” wage debate in select markets
· Everything you need to know about restaurant equipment
· How to use social media to complement your underwriting
· Vertical market definitions
· Vertical market risks
· Franchising advantages and disadvantages
· Franchise restaurant best practices
· What you should care about with the franchisor
· Mom & Pop advantages and disadvantages
· What you need to know about branding
· What you need to know about “local” movements
· Traps in lending to a single operator who wants to expand
· Multi-operator best practices and benchmarks
· Real Estate ownership issues
· Leasing issues
· Best lending practices for start ups.
· Restaurant valuation 101
· What are the environment traps that can affect repayment?
· What your loan policy should address for the restaurant loans
· Restaurants and Alcohol 101
· Restaurants and Insurance 101
· Restaurant loan servicing issues
· Specific SBA 7(a) and 504 loan issues
Who Should Attend?
Who should participate in the webinar?
Small Business Development Officers
Small Business Department Managers
Small Business Loan Underwriters
Chief Credit Officers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Small Business Finance Institute
Charles Green is a seasoned finance professional with over 30 years of experience as a commercial banker, mostly funding the small business sector. He founded and served as President/CEO of Sunrise Bank of Atlanta. Charles provides business lender training through several organizations and regularly contributes editorial features for publication.
He has written extensively about business financing through articles and books including Get Financing Now (McGraw-Hill, 2012) and bestselling The SBA Loan Book 3rd Edition (Adams Media, 2011). He earned a B.S. in Finance from the University of Alabama, diploma at the Stonier National Graduate School of Banking and completed Executive Education at Harvard Business School.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.”
Bob is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending. He has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
He is a prolific keynote speaker at numerous small business lending events across the United States every year – including recent international speaking engagements in the U.K. and Germany.
Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question.
All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
New! All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here via PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2014 All Rights Reserved