Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
1) Register Immediately by Ordering Online Here!
2) Simply email email@example.com with the webinar name in the subject line. For previous customers we will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file.
3) Or, call Joseph Coleman at 818-790-4591 extension 1,
4) Fax an order form to 818-790-7859.
5) You can even send a check with an order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Parkway #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690.
Food service establishments can be great business for SBA lenders—but beware: Winter is coming for the restaurant industry. While most restaurants are doing well today, a cyclical downturn could hit restaurateurs—and their lenders—at any time. Subway restaurants, America’s most ubiquitous food service chain, shut down 909 locations in 2017—three times as many as 2016.
As well as you prepare for disruptions that are simmering beneath the surface in this business segment—this Coleman webinar gives your underwriting staff new criteria for accurately assessing restaurant loan risk.
The good news is, restaurants are the number one NAICS code for SBA lenders. The bad news is, restaurants make for notoriously risky loans—even during good times.
Today the industry faces upheaval due to a confluence of six disruptive influences that could easily turn imprudent loans into disasters: Robotics, escalating minimum wages, zombie malls, immigration policy, food delivery services and social media. This webinar helps underwriters understand how these critical factors affect risk—as well as how astute lenders can minimize and mitigate them.
Coleman Report editor and publisher Bob Coleman has been following, writing about and advising SBA lenders on the volatile restaurant business for nearly ten years. He will review all prudent due-diligence efforts necessary to protect your loan and guaranty, as well as enable the entire SBA lending team to feel secure.
- Where we are in the restaurant financing cycle
- How to tighten your credit box standards, and what the standards should be
- Common qualities and behaviors of successful start-up restaurants
- How macro-economic trends will impact restaurant cash flow
- Social media sites you should visit on every restaurant loan
- The important metrics in operating a restaurant, including off-financial statements numbers
- Issues your underwriters must address in the credit memo regarding the franchisor
- Traps with alternative lending options to your borrower
- “Institutional” Restaurant Financing Knowledge from the Experts
- Tips to accurately calculate a restaurant’s cash flow
- Vertical definitions updated for 2018 — quick-service, fast casual, casual dining and fine dining
- Access to 2018 supply and demand stats
- Quick tips to evaluate a location
- SBA rules for financing restaurants
- SBA franchise rules for restaurants
- SBA affiliation rules for restaurants
- Loan performance stats by franchisees
- Financial statement metrics for restaurants
- Off-balance sheet metrics
- What brands are hot, and which are not
- What verticals are hot, and which are not
- Lease terms the lender needs for financing
- The landlord waiver
- The assignment of rents
- How to value restaurant collateral
- Restaurants and SBA Collateral Requirements
- What role should liquor licenses play in your evaluation?
- Franchise vs. Mom & Pop considerations
- Environmental assessments and restaurants
- Underwriting projections
- The ten questions the underwriter must ask the applicant
- Restaurants and your loan policy
- How to assess management
- Restaurant acquisition structures
- Insurance requirements
- Servicing requirements
- Restaurant failure statistics
- Benchmark food and labor cost numbers
- How much equity should you demand?
- How to use social media to complement your underwriting
- Vertical market risks
- Traps in lending to a single operator who wants to expand
- Multi-operator best practices and benchmarks
- Restaurant Valuation 101
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of the Coleman Publishing, a publisher of books, data, newsletters and reports and a producer of conferences, webinars and training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $589.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $200 more ($589), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register Restaurant Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Parkway #4525, Mission Viejo, CA, 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Parkway, #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2018 All Rights Reserved