A “Discussion of the impact current market conditions have on collateral adequacy”
This 75-minute webinar earns e-certification for all attendees.
A Coleman Webinar
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
SBA regulations are clear that your underwriting analysis must show how the borrower will repay the loan from cash flow — not the liquidation of collateral.
In fact, SBA clearly states a loan may be approved without full collateral sufficiency — truly the definition of an SBA loan.
BUT, the lender is under four specific guidance points for SBA Lending:
Secure Liens on all “available” collateral
Address Life Insurance
Discuss current COVID market conditions.
Requirements for Loans over $350,000
New is the subheading of this webinar, “Discussion of the impact current market conditions have on collateral adequacy.” That is only guidance from SBA for lenders.
So, we will do an in-depth training session of how exactly SBA, and the regulators, want you to address collateral values in a COVID pandemic environment.
This event will give your underwriters a thorough understanding of SBA’s SOP collateral valuation requirements and demonstrate how to calculate collateral numbers flawlessly.
We’ll take a look at a couple of SBA Inspector General audits resulting in guaranty denials — so you can learn from others’ mistakes
Finally, we’ll also address how some lenders are able to offer 100% SBA 7(a) financing for commercial real estate acquisitions.
You will learn how to calculate the SBA collateral values of:
- New Commercial Real Estate Acquisition
- Guarantor Residential Real Estate
- New Equipment Acquisition
- Small Business Existing Fixed Assets
- Accounts Receivable
Additionally, you’ll learn to handle these challenges
- Define what is “all available collateral”
- How to document “the impact of COVID on collateral adequacy”
- Mistakes lenders have made that cause SBA 7(a) guaranty denials
- Common reasons for SBA 7(a) guaranty repairs
- Everything you need to know about the personal residence as additional collateral The appropriate use of a limited personal guaranty
- Debt refinance
- Life Insurance issues
- Spousal collateral and guaranty issues
- Special guidance for loans less than $25,000 and less than $350,000
- SBA Real Estate Appraisal requirements for loans less and greater than $250,000
- SBA Business Appraisal requirements for loans less and greater than $250,000
- Special guidance for SBAExpress loans
- SBA 504 Loan Collateral Requirements
- Working Capital CAPLine Collateral Requirements
- BONUS–SBA 504 debt refinance requirements!
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has earned three industry SIPA awards for “Best Online Learning Product”.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans.
Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of BankOZK and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over five years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous SIPA industry awards including “Podcast of the Year” and as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question during the webinar. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register and the Webinar Name” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
100 of the top 100 SBA lenders purchase our reports and data — attend our online training, webinars and summits. Coleman Report is committed to a mission of providing information to train finance professionals as small business lending experts who fund capital to Rural and Main Street America.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider.
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2021 All Rights Reserved