October 12, 2018
By Bob Coleman
Editor, Fraud Friday
Fraud Friday — Wisconsin Green Energy Fraudster Pleads Guilty to Bank FraudA Wisconsin entrepreneur who conned EB-5 investors, banks and an EDC out of $9 million is heading to jail.
Prosecutors want 7 ½ years in exchange for the one bank fraud count guilty plea last week.
Ron’s company Green Box was to convert food-contaminated waste into consumer products with no wastewater or byproducts. Didn’t happen.
Ron diverted a lot of the cash for his personal needs:
- $44,100 for Green Bay Packers tickets
- $150,000 to settle legal disputes
- $133,315 in court-ordered payments to his ex-wife
- $6,400 toward a mortgage on a Florida home
- $33,000 for a family member’s dental work
- $89,000 for a Cadillac Escalade
- $16,570 to Wisconsin International School for his children’s tuition
- $52,200 in property taxes
- $45,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by his former nanny
- $63,200 in cash
Ron is currently free after being jailed in July for allegedly committing more fraud and intimidating witnesses.