July 20, 2021
Hot Topic Tuesday- SBA Will Lend Almost $40 Billion in 7(a) and 504 Loans by the End of the Fiscal Year
SBA 7(a) and 504 lending amounts continue to exceed the totals for the last five fiscal years. The number of 504 loans approved also surpasses the numbers for the last five years. 7(a) lending is approving less loans but more amounts than recent fiscal years. We do expect both programs will be able to fund demand through the end of the fiscal year.
Based on data from the last six weeks of lending reports provided by the SBA (6/4-7/9), here are estimates of the lending data we will see for July 16th, July 23rd, and the end of the fiscal year 2021:
Estimated Lending Numbers for 7/16
• The total amount of money approved for 7(a) loans this fiscal year is estimated to be $21,062,975,598.
• The estimated number of 7(a) loans approved is 33,545 loans.
• Roughly $6,215,403,394 worth of 504 loans will have been approved.
• Around 7,482 504 loans will be approved.
Estimated Lending Numbers for 7/23
• About $21,884,431,646 worth of 7(a) loans will be approved by this upcoming Friday.
• 34,752 7(a) loan in total will be approved.
• An estimated $6,437,914,835 will be the total money approved for 504 loans.
• 7,740 504 loans will be approved.
Estimated Lending Numbers for the End of the Fiscal Year (9/30)
• The estimated total amount for 7(a) loans this fiscal year is $30,288,053,398.
• The total number of 7(a) loans for the fiscal year will be 47,075 loans.
• $8,709,211,188 worth of 504 loans will be disbursed by the end of the fiscal year.
• There will be about 10,377 504 loans approved this fiscal year.
We do expect both programs will be able to fund demand through the end of the fiscal year.