Documenting SBA Loan Equity Injection: How to Avoid Coslty SBA Guaranty Repairs and Denials
Register with only your email address!
When: Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Format: 75 minute Video Webinar
Do your people make any of the 13 most common mistakes lenders commit in documenting a borrower’s equity injection that result in SBA loan guaranty repairs and denials?
Former SBA Little Rock Servicing Center Deputy Director Lance Sexton does — and he can help you avoid them and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue they often entail.
Join Lance in this updated Coleman webinar to learn best practices and SBA-recommended protocols for documenting your borrowers’ equity injections, perfectly, and correctly every time.
Here is just some of what you and your team will learn:
- The 5 equity injection fraud red flags
- A thorough understanding of the traps associated with gifts and gift letters
- How to set borrower equity injection requirements for loans less than $350,000
- How to set borrower equity injection requirements for loans over $350,000
- How to document equity injection for SBAExpress loans
- The 4 proper sources of equity injections
- Two improper sources of equity injections
- The absolute SBA required documentation of equity injection to protect the guaranty
- What SBA requires you to do to verify a cash injection
- How to document intangible and non-cash assets
- Case studies examples to reinforce proper SBA equity injection requirements
- And, of course, the 13 common equity injection mistakes lenders make that jeopardize the SBA loan guaranty
Who Should Attend?
SBA Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Closers
SBA Loan Reviewers
SBA Loan Liquidators
SBA Department Managers
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Former SBA Deputy Director, Little Rock Commercial Loan Servicing Center
Lance served as Deputy Director of the SBA Little Rock Commercial Loan Servicing Center managing the Servicing of SBA Loans, the liquidation of SBA Express Loans, and the Liquidation of SBA 504 loans in a 24 state area.
Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and nonperforming, and six years of experience as a small business owner.
He has served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Executive Officer of three community banks building and managing SBA portfolios at each bank. Lance also was a faculty member of the Sam M Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas teaching entrepreneurship courses.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.”
Bob is the Publisher of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending. He has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
He is a prolific keynote speaker and training instructor at events in the US and EU.
Bob began his SBA banking career in Southern California, serving as a SBA sales and department manager.
Bob has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $399.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $299 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here via PayPal
Documenting SBA Loan Equity Injection: How to Avoid SBA Guaranty Repairs and Denials
Register with only your email address!
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Central
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Mountain
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific
Remember our Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved