NEW SBA COVID Underwriting Rules Webinar
How to Prepare a Credit Memo that gets SBA Loan Approval and Passes SBA Review
What 7(a) and 504 Underwriters Need to Know about SBA’s COVID-19 Loan Emergency Guidance
- SBA SOP 5010 6 Effective October 2020
- SBA Notice 5000-20042 Effective August 2020
- SBA Notice 5000-20057 Effective October 2020
- SBA Notice 5000-20071 Effective December 2020
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
SBA’s New SOP 5010 and procedural notices give SBA lenders clear guidance in preparing the SBA 7(a) and 504 credit memo.
With the added COVID analysis underwriting requirements don’t underestimate the penalties for non-compliance.
A top-10 SBA 7(a) lender learned its credit-memo lessons the hard way, recently settling a Department of Justice false-claim act accusation for $7 million—plus loss of the guaranty, plus jail time for brokers—all stemming from SBA credit memos lender’s management believed was SBA compliant.
Here’s the good news: This 75-minute webinar will make your underwriters experts preparing the SBA 7(a) credit memo in the COVID-19 Pandemic era. You’ll especially learn about the minefield of possible errors related to equity injection, collateral requirements, financial statements, working capital and eligibility rules.
This webinar will teach you how to prepare the credit memo that will receive SBA loan approval and pass muster with SBA reviews.
Best of all, this training is only $489 (unlimited multiple locations from the same organization is a flat fee of $589).
Specific Webinar Benefits for your Underwriters
Ensure your underwriting team knows each of the following SBA mandated COVID-19 Pandemic Rules:
- Underwriting Criteria for New 7(a) and 504 Loans made during the
- COVID-19 Emergency
- New Guaranty Percentages, Fees, Loan Amounts, Maturities
- Section 1112 Payment Deferments
- Payment Forgiveness
- Felon Eligibility
- Student-Debt Eligibility
- Existing PPP or EIDL Loans
- Industry Sensitive NAICS Codes
- Addressing Geographic COVID Government Mandated Closures
- Analyzing Historical Financial Information
- Projecting Future Revenues and Profits
- Analyzing Customer Base
- Analyzing The Supply Chain
- Special Rules for Business Acquisition Loans
- Use of Proceeds Rules and Documentation
- How to account for Collateral the SBA way (or, can we really do 100%
- CRE financing?)
- New SBAExpress Rules
- “Working Capital Adequacy” Analysis Required of Borrower
- SBA SOP-Mandated Financial Statement Analysis
- Correctly analyzing the impact of affiliates
- Calculating the debt service coverage ratio the SBA Way
- Permissible and Impermissible adjustments to cash flow
- COVID-19 Business Acquisition Rules
- What underwriters need to know about SBA’s equity injection rules
- Correct Completion of SBA forms 159, 912 and 1920.
- Franchise Considerations
- Current Real Estate Collateral Valuation
- IRS 4506-T Tax Verification Rules
- Verification of USCIS Status
- How Current Market Conditions Impact Collateral
- COVID-19 and Business Valuations
- Electronic Closing Rules
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has earned three industry SIPA awards for “Best Online Learning Product”.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans.
Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of BankOZK and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over five years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous SIPA industry awards including “Podcast of the Year” and as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question during the webinar. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register and the Webinar Name” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
100 of the top 100 SBA lenders purchase our reports and data — attend our online training, webinars and summits. Coleman Report is committed to a mission of providing information to train finance professionals as small business lending experts who fund capital to Rural and Main Street America.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider.
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2021 All Rights Reserved