How to Underwrite SBA Borrower Cash Flow Projections — Webinar 9/21
A Live Streaming Webinar
How to Underwrite SBA Borrower Cash Flow Projections
Ensure Underwriters are Compliant with SBA’s Underwriting SOP
A Coleman Webinar
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download Registration Form
In recent years, the SBA’s Inspector General has issued scathing audit reports criticizing several lenders of their underwriting practices for borrower projections.
The OIG finds lenders continue to fail to properly analyze and prudently underwrite borrower projections.
These failures prompt SBA to deny guaranty claims for dozens of failed loans. (Loans that do not demonstrate repayment ability are deemed ineligible borrowers by SBA) Lender’s, OIG says, fail to to reasonably examine an applicant’s likely ability to repay their loan.
While SBA’s Inspector General is not the final arbiter of SBA’s policies and procedures, their tougher examination of SBA lender failures have underscored the need to pay more attention to application projections to ensure the validity of SBA loan guaranties.
Indeed, SBA says underwriting projections is a high priority in SBA lender reviews.
You and your team will learn:
· A careful analysis of one Inspector General Audit and how it affects SBA lenders going forward from analysis of two case studies
· A review of SBA’s “repayment ability” standards
· What SBA demands of lenders to be compliant in analyzing borrower projections
· What resources lenders must use for best results in analyzing borrower projections
· How the lender should views repayment projections in franchise company applications
· What the role of independent loan agents should be in preparing financial projections
· SBA’s definition of “unrealistic revenue projections”
● Analyzing Customer Diversity
● Analyzing The Supply Chain
● Special Rules for Business Acquisition Loans
● Correctly analyzing the impact of affiliates
● Economic Factors you must consider
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
● Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
● We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing SBA rules and regulations.
● We train your staff to ensure compliance with new SBA rules and regulations.
● Get tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructors:
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three publishing industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
100 of the top 100 SBA lenders purchase our reports and data — attend our online training, webinars and summits. Coleman Report is committed to a mission of providing information to train finance professionals as small business lending experts who fund capital to Rural and Main Street America.
Very informative. I have actually printed off all of the information you provided and labeled it: “SBA PPP Good Information Condensed,” Alabama Teachers Credit Union
I find that your webinar training sessions are a GREAT way for me to keep current on important things SBA. Loan Service Provider
Thanks for providing this training. It was very informative and helped me a lot. Our Bank highly encourages all our colleagues to take your training program. Highly appreciate your service in enlightening our knowledge. The Mint National Bank
This is incredible data. Great job in working through it. Embassy National Bank
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to email@example.com with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card.
3) PHONE — Call Joseph, Bob or Michael at 818-790-4591.
Publisher, Coleman Report