Compliance Became Effective August 2023
A Coleman Webinar
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
75-minute training with e-certification
Register Online Here
Did you know SBA uses the word “must” 571 times in the new 5057 3?
SBA warns lenders, on page two of the new SOP:
SBA will treat any contemplated Loan Action . . .that is in conflict with the use of the word “must” in this SOP as an exception to policy
Lenders must service and liquidate their SBA Loans in a commercially reasonable manner that is free of conflicts of interest and Preferences and consistent with the Loan Authorization, Prudent Servicing and/or Prudent Liquidation practices
Taught by SBA SOP guru Lance Sexton, he will sort through the new SOP and give you and your staff his real-world insights of what is important and what exactly must be done to comply with SBA’s expectations of how you service your loan portfolio.
- Lender Responsibility
- Employee Responsibility
- Decisions lenders may make without SBA’s approval
- Decisions lenders may not make without SBA’s approval
- Loan Payment Administration
- Borrower Servicing Requests
- Insurance Coverage
- The best way to document decision requests
- How to handle non responses by SBA
- Know your servicing actions dates
- What to do if you miss a deadline e.g site visit
- The difference between servicing and liquidating loans held in portfolio or sold to the secondary market.
- Calculating and paying loan servicing fees
- SBA’s definition of “preference”
- Loan Portfolio file review best practice
- When you must submit a litigation plan
- When you must submit a wrap-up report.
- Workout decisions and documentation
- What’s different about the alphabet soup of other 7(a) loan programs — EWCP, CAPLines, IT
And, PPP loan servicing. PPP loans are considered 7(a) loans and must be serviced by the lender.
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
- Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
- We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
- We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing and new SBA rules and regulations.
- Tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three training industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Stripe
2) EMAIL –Send an email to email@example.com with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice.
3) PHONE — Call us at 818-790-4591.