January 28, 2019
By Bob Coleman
Editor, Main Street Monday
Main Street Monday — Quick 2018 Small Business Stats, Reports
You all know I love stats. Here are some quick small business stats to start out the year, courtesy SBA’s Office of Advocacy.
Also, check out SBA’s state reports. They gather the latest federal data into state-by-state snapshots of small business health and economic activity..
This year’s profiles report on state economic growth and employment. They also answer the questions:
- How many small businesses are in my state?
- How many jobs do they create?
- Which industries have the most small businesses and small business jobs?
- How many establishments opened and closed?
- How many small businesses export, and how much?
- Which counties have the most small business employment?