February 6, 2023
Main Street Monday – Senator Ernst Welcomed as Senate Committee Ranking Member
“I’m honored by the confidence my colleagues have placed in me to help lead this important committee,” says Ranking Member Joni Ernst. “Over the last three years, Mainstreet USA has faced some of the toughest challenges in our lifetime. As Ranking Member, I will bring the voices of Iowa’s entrepreneurs to the table and work with my colleagues to get Washington off their backs and allow our small businesses to thrive.”
Chairman Ben Cardin of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship welcomed the new Ranking Member, Senator Joni Ernst of Iowa. Business groups across the country have given their support for her leadership. She will also continue to serve on the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry, and the Senate Armed Services Committee. Ernst is serving as chair of the Republican Policy Committee.
“Senator Ernst knows the importance of supporting our small businesses and entrepreneurs,” says Senator Cardin. “I look forward to working with her and continuing the tradition of bipartisanship in the committee in support of our small businesses. America’s entrepreneurs, especially in underserved communities, are looking for critical start-up guidance and support to help them keep their doors open. In collaboration with Senator Ernst, we will aim to deliver essential resources that will help these small businesses grow. America’s small business owners and entrepreneurs deserve the best.”
For the House Committee on Small Business, Chairman Roger Williams announced Small Business Subcommittee chairs and assignments:
• Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax, and Capital Access: Representative Dan Meuser of Pennsylvania will serve as Chairman.
• Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations, and Regulations: Representative Beth Van Duyne of Texas will serve as Chairman.
• Subcommittee on Rural Development, Energy, and Supply Chains: The Chairman is Representative Wesley Hunt of Texas.
• Subcommittee on Contracting and Infrastructure. Representative Nick LaLota of New York is the Chairman.
• Subcommittee on Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Workforce Development: The Chairman is Representative Marc Molinaro of New York.