December 31, 2014
By Bob Coleman
Editor, Coleman Report Main Street Wednesday
1) Start getting out of the credit card number storing business and embrace Apple Pay. I used it for the first time and it’s pretty cool. Waved my Iphone over the terminal and then verified payment with my thumb print. And, start accepting PayPal. Embrace any system that can cut down on being hacked, or employee theft, of your customer’s credit card numbers.
2) Review all of your recurring monthly and annual credit charges. I can’t believe some of the $9.95 monthly charges I incur for software or apps no longer used. You can save hundreds of dollars by eliminating fees for services no longer needed.
3) Take advantage of free SBA or SBDC training programs that will make you money — local search engine optimization tips, embrace mobile, website design tips, Quickbooks 101, etc.
4) Write down your sales and revenues numbers for 2015. A quality one-page business plan is fine, but do one.
5) Finally sit back and enjoy the Rose Parade and get ready to achieve the 2015 numbers you wrote down!
Spoiler Alert! Here is my hometown Rose Parade float being built on La Canada’s Main Street, “To the Rescue.”