Site License includes access to our new Coleman Training Live Stream Webinar
Tuesday, June 13 (Live Session)
2:00 p.m. Eastern
75-minute training with e-certification
One of the main challenges for lenders in franchise lending is ensuring compliance with the SBA affiliation rules. These rules define how the SBA determines whether a franchisee is affiliated with its franchisor and other franchisees, which can affect the franchisee’s eligibility for SBA loans.
Additionally, there are challenges with accurately attributing loans to franchise brands, as well as determining the appropriate amount of equity and equity injection required for changes in ownership.
This will add more complexity to the loan application process and require lenders to be more diligent in verifying the eligibility of applicants.
The solution is for lenders to take on more responsibility for verifying the eligibility of franchise applicants and carefully examine the relationships between businesses to determine whether they are affiliated.
Your Team will Learn:
● Overview of the Final Affiliation Rule and Revised Loan Terms and Conditions for 7(a) Loans
● Importance of understanding the new rules for making franchise loans
● Understanding Franchise Affiliation
● Underwriting the Franchise
● Definition of affiliation and its importance in making franchise loans
● Overview of the changes to loan terms and conditions for 7(a) loans
● Understanding the new equity and equity injection requirements
● Changes to the loan authorization process and effective dates
● Importance of due diligence in making franchise loans
● Key considerations for evaluating franchise opportunities
● Best practices for underwriting franchise loans
● Evaluate franchise opportunities, reducing the risk of default on franchise loans.
This webinar will aid lenders to improve their ability to underwrite and approve franchise loans under the May 11th notice, while reducing the risk of non-compliance and loan default.
Coleman Report Webinar Benefits:
- Coleman Report webinars provide solutions to problems that left unaddressed will jeopardize the SBA loan guarantee.
- We give management the tools to create prudent credit boxes compliant with SBA’s standard operating procedures.
- We train your staff to ensure compliance of existing and new SBA rules and regulations.
- Tips that solve difficult SBA underwriting, servicing and liquidation challenges.
Lance Sexton, Coleman Faculty Instructor
A former small business owner, Lance Sexton has a successful history of working with small business owners and students related to entrepreneurship and SBA loan origination, servicing, and liquidation.
He has received three training industry awards for his webinar instruction and his 8-week loan closing course.
Lance has over 30 years of experience, including ten years directly managing portfolios of SBA loans. Lance was an entrepreneurship faculty member of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. He is an Executive Vice President of Fountainhead Commercial Capital and has been affiliated with Coleman Publishing for over eight years.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the founder of Coleman Publishing, a publisher of newsletters, reports, data, conferences, webinars, online training videos — to help finance professionals become small business lending experts.
Bob is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared frequently on Fox Business News, NPR and other numerous media outlets. He is sourced by all print media. He is a frequent speaker about small business lending throughout the US and EU. Bob has a BA in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a MBA in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
Bob has earned numerous awards as a producer of events and video training.
His passion is getting capital to Main Street and Rural American small business.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar as the webinar platform.
We will open the webinar for attendees to join at 1:30 pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman webinars are recorded and a link is sent to all attendees.
Single Site License
The single site license grants your institution one viewing of the webinar. It is permissible to use a single site license on one device in a conference room to be viewed by multiple attendees The webinar can be viewed on any device.
Multiple Site License
A multiple site license is an unlimited access pass for anyone at your institution. You will be given a link that will be usable to anyone with your email domain.
Webinar Links and Handouts
The webinar link will be included on your sales receipt.
The link will also be included when we send the presentation and handouts. These will be sent by eod the day before.
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions throughout the webinar are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
The Fine Print
1) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
2) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
3) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
Three Easy Ways to Order
1) ONLINE — Register and pay online via Paypal
2) EMAIL –Send an email to email@example.com with “Webinar Registration” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and either send you a sales receipt or an invoice. Pay your Quickbooks generated invoice with a credit card. Download a Registration Form
3) PHONE — Call Joseph, Bob or Michael at 818-790-4591.
Founder & Publisher, Coleman Report