Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
SBA 7(a) and 504 loans to franchisees now carry new risks and requirements for lenders. As of January 1, 2017, SBA issued new rules governing franchise loans, including a new, “simplified” addendum form that requires the franchisor’s signature. In addition, market conditions, such as new minimum wage requirements, can change the business model complicate success formulas for many franchises.
If your bank lends to franchises—or wishes to increase its portfolio in these usually profitable loans—you’ll want to bring your underwriters, Business Development Officers and SBA loan teams up to date on these changes, so you avoid error and keep underwriting risk factors low.
This webinar will ensure that your loan team knows
1) How to respond to SBA’s new franchise rules,
2) How to master the new franchise addendum form,
3) How changing market conditions should inform your underwriting decisions and
4) Which franchise operations deliver the most profitable SBA loans (and which the least profitable).
In short, this 75-minute webinar will make your staff experts on the new rules and changing financial environment, helping ensure your success with SBA loans to franchisees and avoiding the pitfalls that can sink them.
Best of all, this training is only $389 (multiple locations from the same organization is a flat fee of $489).
- What are the SBA’s new rules for franchise lending, where are lenders most likely to stumble, and how can you avoid the traps?
- Understanding the SBA’s new franchise addendum form and preventing errors
- How to persuade reluctant franchisors to sign the new addendum form
- Which franchisors have already agreed to cooperate with new SBA protocols
- How franchise loans are now handled on the new SBA One platform
- Financial outlook for franchise loans in 2017
- How new minimum wage laws will affect staffing at franchise operations, and how that will affect revenue, profit and loan viability
- Which franchise brands have performed well and which poorly?
- Special considerations for loans to restaurants, mini-marts and gas stations
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the Publisher of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for SBA and small business lenders. He produces online training videos and webinars for small business lenders to teach them to make less risky loans to Main Street.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and PowerPoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the PowerPoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the PDF handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register Workout Plan Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2017 All Rights Reserved