SBA Eligibility 101 – An In-depth Review
Monday, July 29th, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
The number one reason SBA denies its guaranty payment to a lender is the lender did not correctly determine the borrower’s eligibility for the federal government guaranty.
Join Coleman webinar instructor Gina Rodgers, our professional SBA issues instructor, as she clearly and concisely guides you through the murky maze of SBA’s rules concerning eligibility.
The problem with eligibility determination is sometimes it is more of an art than science.
Learn how SBA defines it eligibility rules today, not when you receive a guaranty denial tomorrow
This webinar is geared for loan underwriters who wrestle with these decisions daily.
Remember, a poor loan underwriting decision will probably not affect your SBA guaranty. A poor eligibility decision could invalidate your SBA guaranty.
Finally, we will address the proposed Federal Register changes regarding personal resource test and affiliates
You will learn:
- The 18 basic eligibility requirements.
- The problem with franchising eligibility. When is a franchise a small business?
- SBA’s definition of an affiliate, including the documentation you must obtain the analysis you must perform.
- When you should abdicate your PLP eligibility decision on a specific loan and submit it for SBA’s approval.
- The “prudent and reasonable lender” test you must follow in processing SBA’s form 912. How, and when, borrower’s misrepresentations will make the loan ineligible.
- Understanding size standards.
- The implications, when you sign the 4-I. The specific best practice checklist you must do, before you affix your signature to this all-important form.
- Finally, you will understand why the “credit elsewhere” test is becoming more important in eligibility determinations. Know what to do to address this standard and to protect your institution’s SBA guarantees.
Who should attend
Small Business Loan Underwriters
Small Business Banking Manager
SBA Loan Department Manager
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via Go-to-Webinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend, please forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to you.
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Manager of Training & Personnel Development
banc-serv PARTNERS, LLC
Gina has been with banc-Serv Partners for 9 years. She has worked as a Relationship Manager in the underwriting department and as the Manager of Training and personnel development. She provides all external training to lenders and internal training to banc-Serv employees.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Every month, the author of the bestselling The SBA Loan Book and Get Financing Now. Charles Greene presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
Our monthly SBA loan processing and servicing webinars are conducted by Gina Rodgers, banc-serve’s in house training officer.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with the finest experts in the country.
And Bob Coleman hosts a monthly C-level, small business lending management webinar.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use Go-to-Webinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. Nothing will be downloaded to your computer. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will walk you through it.
New! All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the gotowebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone.
Before the event, we will email you the presentation that you may distribute to all of your attendees.
Coleman Report News of the Day Starts of 1:50 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Coleman Report News of the Day” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the DVD and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 800-617-1380, extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here