February 1, 2022
Hot Topic Tuesday – Consumers Spending More on “Gathering and Travel” as Pandemic Continues
From Yelp’s 2021 Annual Report:
- In Q4 2021, several travel categories saw improvements compared to 2020.
- Consumer interest in luggage storage went up 101%, interest in airport shuttles went up 66%, travel agent interest increased 39%, bus tours went up 33%, and interest in food tours increased 21%.
- Consumers showed increased interest in event services such as DJs (110%), photo booth rentals (144%), and balloon services (42%).
- While food delivery services remain popular, 107% higher than pre-pandemic levels, consumers have increased interest in communal dining options. Dinner theaters saw a 97% increase in interest, conveyor belt sushi increased 55%, and interest in buffets increased 31%.
- Searches for the businesses in the lowest and second lowest price points decreased 24% and 8% respectively.
Yelp 2021 Annual Report