SBA 504 Program Changes to the SOP 5010 Effective January 1st
When: Thursday, November 21, 2013
12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Eastern
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Central
10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Mountain
9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Pacific
Complimentary Coleman Report Live Featuring Beth Solomon, President, NADCO!
News Show with Bob Coleman from 11:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
The changes are significant, ranging from how to process a 504 loan, to SBA’s expectation for management of a CDC.
The fallout from the seizure of Frank Dinsmore’s Resource Capital certified development company is not codifiedin SBA’s standard operating procedures. SBA is sending a strong message to the industry that the agency is assuming a vibrant, regulatory role for all its lending partners.
This webinar is not only for CDC professionals. If you are a 504 1st lender, a director or board member of a CDC this is a must attend event for you.
Join Coleman’s expert SBA 504 loan program webinar instructor, Tom Wallace, as he succinctly describes all the changes to the SBA 504 program, and how they will affect you and your institution.
You will learn:
The more significant 504 program changes
- Credit reports will no longer be required on non-guarantor affiliates
- A letter of intent, a term sheet or letter of commitment is acceptable for a 504 application
- While SBA may not participate in projects financed, directly or indirectly, by Federal tax-exempt obligations, SBA may participate in Projects financed by obligations exempt from state or local taxes
- Guidance is provided as to when a 504 project may be approved and the additional conditions that will apply when the Project involves industrial development bonds (IDBs) or industrial revenue bonds (IRBs)
- Guidance on the eligibility of franchise, license, dealer, jobber or similar agreements
- How to obtain an affiliation determination
- Clarification is provided on fitness centers that target one gender (e.g. Curves)
- How franchisors may appeal the decision by SBA not to approve their agreement for inclusion on the Registry by following the procedures set out in the SOP
- How SBA views Businesses Engaged in Promoting Religion
- How to process a businesses with an Associate of Poor Character
- Changes to SBA Form 912
- The circumstances when a delegated lender may clear a SBA Forms 912
- Updated guidance is provided concerning the eligibility determination when a business may have an aspect of a prurient sexual nature
- SBA Form 1244 Revision
- The exact circumstances when you need a “wet” signatures
- When you must provide a copy of the purchase/sale agreements with 504 applications
- Updated guidance on the 504 closing process is provided including the number and types of documents submitted at closing, and SBA Counsel’s responsibilities for the closing process.
- Clarification is provided that CDCs are responsible for consulting the System for Awards
- Management/EPLS or successor system and SBA’s website to determine if an employee or Agent has been debarred, suspended or otherwise excluded by SBA or another federal agency to ensure that they are not doing business with an Agent during the time the Agent is suspended or otherwise excluded from SBA programs.
Changes to CDC Corporate Governance
- What Professional service contracts must be submitted to SBA for review and final approval
- That each CDC must adopt and fully implement an internal control policy, satisfactory to SBA
- That each CDC must provide financial statements in a timely manner and retain signed minutes of CDC meetings
- How you should document your financial ability to operate
- Changes to how to become a CDC
- Changes to CDC Desertification and Portfolio Transfers
- Changes to the Premier Certified Lender Program (PCLP)
- Lapse of the Alternative Loan Loss Reserve Pilot Program
- Implementation of a Loan Loss Reserve
- Definition of “contiguous” for multi-state applications.
Who should attend:
CDC Loan Underwriters
CDC Board Members
Commercial Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Underwriters
Small Business Lending Department Managers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to email@example.com. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Tom Wallace is the President of IDS Corporation, since 2002, a Florida CDC, which contractually co-ordinates, with locally licensed CDCs, 504 services in a dozen states. Mr. Wallace previously ran the largest Lender Service Provider for 7(a) in the Southeastern US. He has over twenty years of experience, both 7(a) &504.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Bob has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Every month, the author of the bestselling The SBA Loan Book and Get Financing Now. Charles Green presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with the finest experts in the country.
And Bob Coleman hosts a quarterly C-level, small business lending management webinar.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question.
All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 10:00am ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
New! All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 11:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Eastern
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2013 All Rights Reserved