Taming 7(a) Paperwork – How to Fund Your Loans Faster
A Best Practice Guide for Maximum Efficiency and Effectiveness in processing 7(a) Loans
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern
Complimentary Coleman Report News with Bob Coleman starts at 1:50 p.m. Eastern
Use our “email address only” order form!
SBA provides tools to assist with the SBA lending process, approve and close the SBA 7(a) loan. Among them are the “SBA ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONNAIRE FOR STANDARD 7(a) GUARANTY LOAN GUARANTY SUBMISSION CHECKLIST”
Now to recommend a non-SBA generated form to utilize as an addendum: a PROCESSING checklist, combining necessary and critical requirements and what if’s….all to help maintain the integrity of the SBA guaranty.
But what is the most effective managerial use of this tool?
Join Lisa Lerner, one of our professional expert SBA webinar instructors, as she walks you through a presentation that will give you a best practice blueprint guide to ensure you are processing your SBA 7(a) loan application efficiently and effectively.
You will learn:
• Options to gathering all the information. Learn what is out there to help you do your job. A review of policies and procedures, flowcharts, and other reference materials.
• How to maintain current and relevant information.
• Optimal methods for the SBA 7(a) loan process.
• Who collects what? What information should your sales staff collect? What information should your loan underwriters collect? What information should your loan packagers collect? And what information should your loan closers collect?
• A key takeaway: eligibility issues and tell the loan story clearly! Each set of eyes is new.
• Organizing the file
• Tips to getting all the forms filled out properly quickly
• Managing the SBA Loan Submission Checklist
• Templates, templates templates. Where to get them, or how to build your own.
• What information do you need to collect? Where is the information you need to collect? What are the best database options to house your loan information, and track loan progress status.
• The pre closing checklist review process and
• The post closing checklist review process
• Considerations for booking your loan.
• Follow up and ticklers
• Lien verification – Don’t let this area become a serious bump in the process.
• The decision tree on whether to process a loan PLP or non-PLP
• What you must absolutely know about the “all available collateral” standard
• Risk versus Reward. Closing as quickly as possible while ensuring your guaranty is 100% valid
Who should attend
SBA department managers
SBA loan underwriters
SBA loan packagers
SBA loan closers
This webinar is rated “INTERMEDIATE” for all attendees.
Coleman’s Webinar level of instruction guide:
ELEMENTARY — The webinar assumes the audience has no experience in the topic.
BASIC — The webinar is for small business lenders who have some experience in the topic. The webinar is designed as the Topical 101 course. This is the appropriate level of instruction for managers who oversee the function.
INTERMEDIATE — The webinar solves an unique problem for the small business lending professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is recommended.
EXPERT — The webinar discusses detailed, technical and advanced topics for the well-seasoned professional. A strong working knowledge of the subject matter is a must.
Who should attend:
Small Business Loan Underwriters
Small Business Banking Manager
SBA Loan Department Manager
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for your regulators. Also, this documents the answer for SBA’s Review question of continuing staff education.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via Go-to-Webinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend, please forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates
Join Coleman’s Expert SBA Instructor:
Lisa G. Lerner
Enhanced Consultive Solutions, LLC (“ECS”)
Ms. Lerner’s professional experience spans over 28 years in the financial arena, with strong expertise in Small Business Administration lending, most recently operating ECS since 2004. ECS is a Lender Service Provider (LSP) which imparts guidance, team development, and technical support to small and mid-size lenders. Her background includes large bank and DeNovo bank experience, along with accounts receivable financing. She and her husband, Nelson, are also registered pet partner teams with their dogs volunteering with the nonprofit organization, Gabriel’s Angels- “Pets helping kids.”
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street“. Coleman is the Editor of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business financing. He has appeared on Fox Business News and CNN and has been quoted by all major financial media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Bloomberg. He has spoken at numerous small business banking events across the United States, including international engagements in the U.K. and Germany. Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking webinars in the country, all taught by the best experts in our industry.
Not only our instructors chosen with care, they are excellent teachers of their craft.
Coleman’s Webinars provide 75 minutes of highly specialized information, access to industry experts, live Q&A, and step-by-step “how-to’s” on a variety of topics relevant to today’s small business banker.
Two monthly SBA topical webinars are conducted by John Dunn and Lisa Lerner, our national professional SBA instructors.
Dunn and Lerner’s presentations solve pressing problems facing today’s SBA lending professionals.
Every month, the author of the bestselling “The SBA Loan Book” and the just released book, “Get Financing Now,” Charles Greene presents a program on a topical small business lending underwriting subject.
We rotate our SBA loan liquidation and servicing webinars with three of the finest experts in the country — Ethan Smith of SBA lender boutique law firm Starfield and Smith, SBA lender attorney Mitch Fogel, and Kerri Agee, of banc-serv, the president of the largest SBA loan service provider in the country.
Why a Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have two options to listen to the program–phone, or through your computer speakers. You are only charged for the connection.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $100.
A great benefit of the program is that you have the ability to ask questions directly of the panelists. Or, you may simply email Coleman during the program and he will air your question. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use Go-to-Webinar as our platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. Nothing will be downloaded to your computer. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will walk you through it.
Coleman speakers are on video and screen sharing. You may customize the size of the speaker and power point presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the gotowebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the power point.
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone.
Before the event, we will email you the presentation that you may distribute to all of your attendees.
Coleman Report News of the Day Starts of 1:50 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Coleman Report News of the Day” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $289 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You many distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the DVD and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish. If
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 800-617-1380, extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here
|Taming 7(a) Paperwork – How to Fund Your Loans Faster|