Writing the SBA 7(a) Credit Memo: Don’t Make These 10 Mistakes that Risk your Guaranty
Register with only your email address!
When: Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Format: 75 minute Video Webinar
Does your underwriting team know the ten critical elements that must be included in the SBA 7(a) loan credit memorandum?
Based on his extensive reviews of SBA Inspector General audits, multiple discussions with SBA lending professionals, and consultation with former SBA Little Rock Loan Servicing deputy director and Coleman faculty instructor, Lance Sexton — Bob Coleman does.
Bob teaches the ten common underwriting errors that have lead to SBA lender guaranty denials. These traps can trip up even the most seasoned small business lending underwriters:
This Coleman webinar will instruct in a clear and professional format what SBA requires from small business loan underwriters in the SBA 7(a) credit memorandum.
Your underwriting team will learn:
- What underwriters need to know about SBA’s eligibility rules
- How to account for collateral the SBA way (or, can we really do 100% CRE financing?)
- “Working capital adequacy” analysis required of borrower projections
- SBA SOP mandated financial statement analysis
- Correctly analyzing the impact of affiliates
- Calculating the debt service coverage ratio the SBA Way
- Impermissible adjustments to cash flow
- Business acquisition loan underwriter errors
- What underwriters need to know about SBA’s equity injection rules
- Correct completion of SBA forms 159, 912 and 1920.
Faulty SBA 7(a) loan underwriting in any of the above ten categories will lead to SBA loan guaranty repairs and denials.
Please note the caveat this presentation is for experienced small business loan underwriters.
Who Should Attend?
SBA Loan Underwriters
SBA Loan Closers
SBA Loan Reviewers
SBA Loan Liquidators
SBA Department Managers
Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
We will automatically forward a certificate of participation for those who are registered to attend the webinar via GoToWebinar.
If you have purchased the unlimited site license and would like certificates for all who attend simply forward their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will email the certificates to all attendees.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.”
Bob is the Publisher of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending. He has been a regular contributor for Fox Business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
He is a prolific keynote speaker and training instructor at events in the US and EU.
Bob began his SBA banking career in Southern California, serving as a SBA sales and department manager.
Bob has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of California Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
About Coleman Webinars
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why a Coleman Training Webinar?
It’s very cost effective. No airfare, no hotels. Just cram as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program. You may watch on screen, or listen in on your phone.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
A great benefit of the program is that you may have your questions answered by the faculty. All of our webinars are recorded. Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How it Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show with Bob Coleman from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Log and dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman.
We do this for two reasons. First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more, you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA 91012
5) Order online here via PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved