Introducing the SBA 7(A) Business Development Officer Training Program: An 8-week online video program your staff can complete on their own schedules — plus receive professional certification.
Training Begins September 15, 2015
Download a Registration Form
Turn Your Business Development Officers into a High-Performing “Dream Team.” BDOs are the linchpins of your SBA program-if they’re sharp and well trained in SBA rules and SOPs, they’ll bring in well-qualified borrowers and execute their deals smoothly. This online video master class training helps your BDOs quickly assess eligibility and sell to the bank’s “underwriting box” to improve your approval average. (See course agenda, below.) That means you can rest easy—knowing your SBA portfolio is growing nicely, increasing in profitability and performing without a hitch. In short, it helps you secure your growth vision by giving BDOs inside best practices for winning superior loans and managing skillfully them from initial contact to loan closing.
Best of all, this training is only $995 per participant (multiple registrations from the same organization each receive an additional $100 discount).
Taught by a master of the SBA 7(a) business development process
Publisher, Coleman Report
Author, Money, Money Everywhere
and Not a Drop for Main Street.
Bob is the editor of the Coleman Report, the newsletter that specializes in SBA loans and the website for small business bankers. He is the nationally recognized expert on small business lending, has been a regular contributor for Fox business News and is sourced frequently by all major financial media news outlets, including the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg.
Bob is a prolific keynote speaker at numerous small business lending events across the United States every year – including recent international speaking engagements in the U.K. and Germany.
Coleman has a B.A. in Medieval History from the University of Santa Barbara and a M.B.A. in Real Estate Finance from the University of Southern California.
How this flexible course fits the schedule of busy professionals
- Participants receive weekly notifications of the uploaded Video Modules, Quizzes and reading materials.
- Each segment averages ten minutes. Each session ends with a short quiz.
- The segments consists of a number of teaching tools. Lectures will be augmented with case studies.
- Total instruction over the eight weeks will be about 30 hours.
- There will be assigned reading materials drawn from the SOPs, SBA Inspector General audits and the weekly Coleman Report trade newsletter.
- The course load averages three to four hours a week.
- Don’t worry if you miss a week due to vacation or real life issues. All video segments will be archived for you to review at your own pace at a later date.
- At the end of the course you may choose to take a final comprehensive exam.
- Once you pass the exam, you receive the professional designation of “Coleman Certified SBA 7(a) Business Development Officer”
- In addition, participants will have access to bonus “live” online office hours each week, so you can ask any questions about the SBA 7(a) process.
Here’s what your team will learn during this eight-week (about 30-hours) online video program
Week 1 (available Tuesday, September 15th): SBA Overview
· SBA History
· SBA Loan Programs
· Job Description of the SBA Business Development Officer
· Credit Elsewhere Rule
· Prudent Lending Rule
· SBA 7(a) Guaranty Repairs and Denials
· SBA Lending and the False Claim Act
· The Ten Traits of the Successful BDO (Preview)
Week 2 (available Tuesday, September 22nd): Cash Flow for the BDO
· Cash Flow 101
· What the BDO Needs to Know about Financial Statements and Cash Flow
· What the BDO Needs to Know about Tax Returns and Cash Flow
· What the BDO Needs to Know about Projections and Cash Flow
· Permissible Addbacks
· Calculating Cash flow from Financial Statements, Tax Returns and Projections
· Guarantor Global Cash Flow
Week 3 (available Tuesday, September 29th): SBA Collateral Calculations
· Collateral calculation for loans less than $350,000
· Collateral calculation for loans greater than $350,000
· The guarantor personal residence as additional collateral
· The spousal guaranty
· Other guaranty issues
Week 4 (available Tuesday, October 6th): SBA Forms 1919, 912 and 1920
· SBA Form 1919, Part I
· SBA Form 1919, Part II
· SBA Form 912
· SBA Form 159
· SBA Form 1920
Week 5 (available Tuesday, October 13th): Special SBA Rules
· Equity Injection
· Refinance of Debt
· Business Acquisition
· Non Citizen Issues
Week 6 (available Tuesday, October 20th): Submitting the Loan
· Loan Structure
· Use of Proceeds
· Documents to be collected by the BDO
· The BDO Credit Write-Up
· BDO Management of the Applicant during the credit approval process
Week 7 (available Tuesday, October 27th): Marketing
· Personal Branding
· Technology and Personal Productivity
· Local Search SEO
· Direct Mail
· Social Media
· Loan Brokers and the Two Master Rule
Week 8 (available Tuesday, November 3rd): Ten Traits of the Successful BDO
· The Ten Traits of the Successful BDO
· Course Conclusion
FAQ’s on Coleman’s Online Certification Courses
What platform does the Coleman online course use?
We use Litmos as the platform. You will access the course from the Litmos website without downloading anything to your computer.
How many weeks does the course run?
How much time will I need to devote to the course?
Three to four hours per segment.
How do the segments work?
Each week is divided into segments averaging ten minutes each.
Do I have to finish each segment every week?
No, you may complete the course at your own pace.
Are there reading assignments?
There will be assigned reading materials drawn from the SOPs, SBA Inspector General audits, and the Coleman Report newsletter.
Tell me about quizzes.
At the end of each segment there will be a short multiple-choice quiz to test your mastery of the segment. Segments may be viewed as many times as you wish.
What are Office Hours coaching sessions?
Each Friday at 2:00pm ET you will have the opportunity to log in and discuss the week’s topic. If you miss a session, office hours will be recorded and archived for your future use.
How do I become a certified Coleman SBA 7(a) BDO Specialist?
At the end of the course, you may choose to take a final exam. Those who score 90% or higher will receive a certification plaque. The exam is open material and may be taken as many times as you wish.
Is there an additional fee to become a Coleman Certified SBA 7(a) Loan Business Development Officer?
How much does the course cost?
The fee is $995.
Is there a discount for multiple students from the same institution?
Yes. The registration fee for students two through four is $995. For every four students enrolled, the fifth is free.
Five Easy Ways to Order!
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register BDO Training” in Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA
5) Click here for paying using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved