Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
Last year, over 1,000 franchise systems were financed by SBA lenders. Eleven percent of all SBA guaranteed loans are to a franchisee. Undoubtedly, there are major opportunities for lenders in the franchise finance niche. Franchise loans earn good yields. and statistics show they are less risky than “mom-and-pop” loans. Bottom line is — Franchise Loans Are Easily Scalable. Once you have approved a concept, approved the franchisor, or brand, the next loan is easier to underwrite.
That being said, they need to be analyzed differently than your other Main Street loans. Our expert professional franchise instructor, Ron Feldman will discuss these differences. Along with a look at the current small business lending environment (regulatory, economically, and SBA) toward franchise operations.
Specific guidance will be given to lenders on how to interpret the recent NLRB ruling and its impact on SBA franchise eligibility. And, a peak into proposed affiliation and franchise changes mulled over by SBA. Finally, Ron will point out important differences in franchise financing you need to know — how to evaluate management, how to evaluate operations, and most importantly, how to evaluate the Brand.
Ron Feldman is Chief Development Officer at FRANdata, leading research and advisory firm focused on the franchising industry who also manage the franchise underwriting and business development portal — Franchise Registry. Ron utilizes his knowledge and more than 20 years of experience in franchising and franchise finance to improve the flow of capital to the franchise community. Ron is also a principal at Franchise America Finance and Siegel Financial Group and continues to serve as their Chief Brand Strategist. He is often called upon to be a keynote speaker at franchise-related events, and has appeared on television programs championing the cause of small businesses. Feldman has been published numerous times in trade magazines, and is the instructor-of-choice and subject matter expert on financing and capital access to the International Franchise Association (IFA).
- What to obtain from the Brand to mitigate your risk
- The free tools available to the lender to underwrite the Brand
- How to take full advantage of the new functions within the Franchise Registry
- How to read the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- How to access them as part of your membership in the Franchise Registry
- What must be included or addressed in your credit memo that comes from the FDD
- Hidden tips to determine a franchisor worthiness
- The important information in the franchisee’s business plan
- The key numbers in the franchisor’s projections
- The differences between brand underwriting, and “mom and pop” underwriting
- Factors about franchise loans that should be addressed in your credit policy.
- Questions to ask of the Brand, what you need to know about the brand
What are Coleman Webinars?
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry. Our events help make your staff experts in the issues covered, which translates to higher performance, higher yield and greater safety in your lending practices.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why attend Coleman Training Webinars?
A Coleman Webinar is a very cost effective training solution. No airfare, no hotels. Just invite as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program: You may watch and listen on screen, or watch on screen and listen in on your phone, or simply listen on your phone. The phone number will be provided with your webinar handouts.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
Can our staff ask questions during the webinar?
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question: One is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions. Your questions will be answered by our expert faculty. All our webinars are recorded.
Can I get a copy of the webinar?
Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish.
A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How does the webinar work?
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
How do we access GoToWebinar?
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a firewall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
Will we be able to see our Coleman Webinar speakers during the webinar?
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Will I receive handouts for the webinar?
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. Copies may be distributed to all of your attendees.
What if I miss some or all of my webinar?
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues, such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes, that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link, so you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
What is the Complimentary Coleman Report Live?
As a bonus, you may log and/or dial in ten minutes before each Coleman webinar to hear the “Complimentary Coleman Report Live! News Show” with Bob Coleman. It runs before every webinar from 1:50 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
We offer this show for two reasons: First, the pre-show confirms you are successfully connected to the webinar. Second, we provide you a synopsis of the current news to help you place what is happening to the small business lending industry in context. Join us for this free feature!
What are your pricing and guarantee policies?
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd., # 546, La Cañada, CA
5) Click here for paying using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
607 Foothill Blvd # 546
La Cañada, CA 91012
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved