Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
Where are we in the cyclical nature of hospitality industry performance?
How, or should, lenders tweak their credit boxes now that a number of newly-constructed rooms have entered the market the last 12 months?
Join Coleman’s 9th annual motel and hotel financing webinar to learn these answers to ensure you and your staff have and need-to-know trends to appropriately assess lending risks and opportunities.
The five major hotel industry metrics will be analyzed from the lender’s perspective:
- Occupancy Rates
- RevPar Income
- Average Daily Rates
- Supply — Including Construction Pipeline
- Consumer Demand
Recovering regional economies, historically low default rates, room inventory pressure and rising consumer demand are positive factors for the hotel owners and lenders in 2017.
However, some traps remain for hotel operators. Deferred maintenance concerns, franchisor financial pressures, rising consumer technological expectations, Obamacare, increased government disability regulations, anticipated minimum wage increases and the emergence of sharing economy competitors such as Airbnb and VRBO are a few of the issues they must navigate to be successful in 2017 and beyond.
Lenders must underwrite to these factors.
Coleman webinar moderator Bob Coleman will bring you up-to-date on all of the changes in the hospitality industry that small business credit underwriters must know for prudent loan decisions.
Joining Bob again this year will be Ten-X National Hospitality Managing Director and industry expert Anthony Falor.
He will source the latest big hotel data, so you will come away with a very clear understanding of how the hospitality industry is performing today, and what to expect in the future.
- Breaking down the industry categories from full service to economy to best assess lending opportunities
- Breakdown of RevPar Growth in major markets
- Are these small business loans, or commercial real estate loans? Why is this important?
- Importance of management and what lenders should demand
- How to value hotel and motel properties — price per key and where are cap rates today?
- The 5 hospitality metrics you must look for in each property
- Who’s supplying capital to this sector now?
- How are acquisition projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- How are construction projects being structured — equity required and interest rates?
- What are the important factors in refinancing
- When conventional financing is the answer
- When SBA 7(a) is the answer or when SBA 504 Green, is the answer
- Mom and Pop vs. the Brand
- Evaluating Brands — Franchise default numbers
- What information you need to know from franchisors
- What information you need to know from the franchisee
- Understanding PIP/Renovation Requirements
- The government regulations that affect cash flow
- The $15 minimum wage issue
- Changing customer technology expectations and the impact on cash flow
- Where do customers come from and the cost of acquiring them
- 2016 industry data results
- What you need to know about room supply and demand
- How you should use social media in hospitality underwriting
- Impact of Anticipated SBA changes to affiliations and franchise lending
Ten-X is the nation’s leading online real estate transaction marketplace and the parent to Ten-X Homes, Ten-X Commercial and Auction.com. To date, the company has sold 200,000+ residential and commercial properties totaling nearly $39 billion. Leveraging desktop and mobile technology, Ten-X allows people to safely and easily complete real estate transactions online. Ten-X is headquartered in Irvine and Silicon Valley, Calif., and has offices in key markets nationwide. Investors in the company include Google Capital and Stone Point Capital. For more information, visit Ten-X.com.
Bob Coleman is the Author of “Money Money Everywhere and Not a Drop for Main Street.” He is the Publisher of the Coleman Report, a trade newsletter and website for SBA and small business lenders. He produces online training videos and webinars for small business lenders to teach them to make less risky loans to Main Street.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Register Hospitality Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
What are Coleman Webinars?
Coleman is the largest producer of small business banking video webinars and online training for the banking industry. 95% of the top 100 SBA 7(a) lenders are our clients. Our events help make your staff experts in the issues covered, which translates to higher performance, higher yield and greater safety in your lending practices.
Our faculty are professional instructors are the absolute experts in their fields.
Why attend Coleman Training Webinars?
A Coleman Webinar is a very cost effective training solution. No airfare, no hotels. Just invite as many people as you wish into your conference room and turn on the computer. You have several options to view the program: You may watch and listen on screen, or watch on screen and listen in on your phone, or simply listen on your phone. The phone number will be provided with your webinar handouts.
You can choose to have any many connections nationwide as you wish when you purchase unlimited access for only $489.
Can our staff ask questions during the webinar?
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question: One is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second is to send an email to email@example.com. Also, feel free to ask pre-webinar questions. Your questions will be answered by our expert faculty. All our webinars are recorded.
Can I get a copy of the webinar?
Buyers of the unlimited site license option will receive a DVD recording of the event to share with anyone you wish. A transcript of the program is also provided to purchasers of the unlimited site license.
How does the webinar work?
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will schedule a test run.
How do we access GoToWebinar?
There are two ways to access the webinar. The first is to simply click on the link we will provide when you register.
If you have a fireall issue, or you can’t get the GoToWebinar link to work, don’t panic!
The second way to access the webinar is directly from the GoToWebinar website. You will simply need to input the webinar ID and access code. These will also be provided when you register, and again the day before the webinar when we distribute the handouts.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 12:00pm ET. This will give each attendee two full hours before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 775-4591 if you need assistance.
Will we be able to see our Coleman Webinar speakers during the webinar? You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and PowerPoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Will I receive handouts for the webinar?
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. Copies may be distributed to all of your attendees.
What if I miss some or all of my webinar?
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues, such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes, that has happened!) simply email email@example.com and he will send you a link, so you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
What are your pricing and guaranty policies?
1) The single user registration fee of $389 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($489), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guaranty — no questions asked.
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2017 All Rights Reserved