PPP Second Draw Loans
New PPP Forgiveness Guidance
PPP 2.0 Loan Eligibility
New SBA 7(a) Lending Guidance
Definition of “Good Faith” Actions Required by Lender
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Download a Registration Form
PPP 2.0 is here! Another massive influx of funding is available for Main Street. SBA released 124 pages of new guidance (January 7, 2021) for PPP First and Second Draw, and just recently released all of the updated application forms.
The $325 billion program will provide additional assistance to your cash-strapped small businesses, non-profits and venues to help them recover from the Pandemic.
The long-awaited PPP Loan Forgiveness guidance has finally been issued by SBA.
Lenders need to know all of the fine print to ensure their borrowers receive allowable credit for eligible reimbursable costs — maximizing loan forgiveness to the borrower and reducing the lender’s exposure.
Basically, the entire program has been rewritten. It is definitely improved over the first iterations of PPP.
Join Lance Sexton as he outlines the opportunities, and traps, for SBA and PPP lenders.
Your Professional Coleman SBA Webinar Instructor:
Lance Sexton has a long history of working with small businesses and educating small business owners and students related to Entrepreneurship and SBA Loan Origination, Servicing, and Liquidation.
Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and non-performing, and six years of experience as a small business owner. He has served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Executive Officer of three community banks building and managing SBA portfolios at each bank. Lance also was a faculty member of the Sam M Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas teaching entrepreneurship courses. He is an Executive Vice President of BankOZK.
- PPP 2.0 Second Draw Loans
- Calculation of Revenue Reduction Standards
- PPP 2.0 First Draw Loans
- PPP 2.0 Eligibility
- PPP 2.0 Loan Forgiveness for Loans less than $150,000
- PPP 2.0 Loan Forgiveness for Loans between $150,000 and $2 million
- PPP 2.0 Loan Forgiveness for Loans over $2 million
- Lender Hold Harmless Guidance
- New EIDL Emergency Loan Provisions
- Lender Compensation
- Definition of FTE equivalency
- Eligibility for Start-Ups
- Additional Guidance for non-profits
- Bankruptcy Provisions
- Venue Operator Grants
- Extension of Debt Relief Payments
- Guidance for Payment Deferrals
HOW TO SPELL PPP
- Levels of Lender and SBA Review Based on Dollar Amount
- Employee and FTE Important Dates
- FTE Safe Harbor Reduction Exceptions
- Borrower Employee Reduction Safe Harbor Rules
- PPP Affiliation Issues
- $100,000 Employee Compensation Thresholds
- When can Borrowers Submit Loan Forgiveness Apps
- Logistics of Processing SBA Remittances for Forgiveness
- What to do with Unforgiven Portion of a PPP Loan — Important Dates
- 1099 Filing Requirements for Lender
- Form 1502 Reporting Requirements
- Lender Fees paid by the U.S. Treasury
- What should a lender review?
- Reviewing the SBA 3508 and 3508EZ Form
- Reviewing Form 3508D?
- First Draw vs Second Draw Forgiveness Processes
- When Must a Borrower Apply for Forgiveness?
- Documents that must be Submitted by Borrower
- Documents Borrower Must Maintain, but not Required to Submit to Lender
- What is the timeline for the lender’s decision on a loan forgiveness application?
- What should a lender do if it receives notice that SBA is reviewing a loan?
- What should a lender do if a borrower submits documentation of eligible costs that exceed a borrower’s PPP Loan Amount
- Lender Hold Harmless Clauses
- The Lender “Good Faith” Rule
- When Should a Lender Decide to Deny Forgiveness in Full?
- How Many Days does a Lender Have to Review an Application?
- What Documentation Must the Lender Submit to SBA
- When will SBA do a Review?
- was ineligible for a PPP loan
- was ineligible for the PPP loan amount received
- used the PPP loan proceeds for unauthorized uses
- is ineligible for PPP loan forgiveness in the amount determined by the
- lender in its full approval or partial approval decision issued to SBA
- is ineligible for PPP loan forgiveness in any amount when the lender
- has issued a full denial decision to SBA.
How to Calculate:
- Payroll Costs
- Business Mortgage Interest Payments
- Business Rent or Lease Payments
- Business Utility Payments
- Covered Operations Expenditures
- Covered Property Damage Costs
- Covered Supplier Costs
- Covered Worker Protection Expenditures
- Adjustments for FTE and Salary/Hourly Wage Reductions
REQUIRED BORROWER CERTIFICATIONS FOR PPP LOANS
- Forgiveness Amount is Correct
- Funds were used for Eligible Purposes
- Borrower has Accurately Verified Payroll and Non-Payroll Costs
- Tax Documents Submitted are the Same as Received by IRS
- Borrower Demographic Information
Participants Earn Certificates of Participation
All Coleman Webinar attendees will receive a certificate of participation. This documents your continuing education history for SBA and your regulators.
Questions are strongly encouraged. There are two ways to ask a question during the webinar. The first is to ask the question via the chat box on the GoToWebinar dashboard. The second way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to ask pre and post-webinar questions.
How the Webinar Works
We use GoToWebinar for the webinar platform. You will receive a link that will direct you to an Internet site to view the presentation. If you would like to test this process to make sure you will be able to access the link through your system’s firewall, just send an email to email@example.com, and he will schedule a test run.
Note we will open the webinar for attendees to join at 10:300pm ET. This will give each attendee thirty minutes before the webinar begins to troubleshoot any technical issues. Call (818) 790-4591 if you need assistance.
All Coleman Webinar Speakers are seen Live via Video Stream
You will see our speakers live through a video feed. You may customize the size of the speaker and powerpoint presentations by clicking on the webcam button on the GoToWebinar dashboard. You may position the speakers at the top, bottom, right or left hand sides. You may also choose to eliminate the video stream and just view the powerpoint.
Telephone Only Option
You may also choose to listen to the program on your telephone. The phone number will be provided with the handouts.
You will receive the pdf handout via email the day before the event. These may be distributed to all of your attendees.
If something comes up and you miss any part of the webinar, or there are technical issues such as a power failure, Internet dropout, fire alarm drills, actual fires or, earthquake (yes that has happened!) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you a link you may watch all or part of the webinar at your leisure. There is no charge for this service.
The Fine Print
1) The single user registration fee of $489 is based on location not attendance. You may have as many people in one location attend. You may distribute the materials to anybody in your company.
2) For only $100 more ($589), you may invite as many people from your institution from as many locations as you wish. (You also get the reply link and transcript!) We will forward you a link that allows you to sign up as many people as you wish.
3) Substitutions are allowed at no charge.
4) Cancellations receive a 100% credit for any Coleman product.
5) As with all our products, we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee — no questions asked.
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register SOP 50 53 2 Webinar” in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Joseph Coleman at Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 28081 Marguerite Pkwy, #4525, Mission Viejo, CA 92690
5) Click “Add to Cart” to pay using PayPal
Editor, Coleman Report
28081 Marguerite Pkwy #4525
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
(c) 2020 All Rights Reserved